• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,683 posts in this topic

FF 75 in 9.8 http://ebay.to/1xgzjV4

I remember when I bought my copy of this. I was a new collector. The copy was pretty crisp and in really nice shape, or so I thought. I found out later that the lower staple was detached. This was about 25 years ago...lesson learned...always pull the book out of the bag!

This copy is amazing...a survivor in this grade.

FF#75 is another personal favorite. Love that book. I bought a nice raw one a year or so ago from a boardie. I really need to get a graded copy to pair with the rest of the awesome storyline.

...same here..... it was the first one I bought with my own money off the stands .... leaf raking proceeds if memory serves. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF 75 in 9.8 http://ebay.to/1xgzjV4

I remember when I bought my copy of this. I was a new collector. The copy was pretty crisp and in really nice shape, or so I thought. I found out later that the lower staple was detached. This was about 25 years ago...lesson learned...always pull the book out of the bag!

This copy is amazing...a survivor in this grade.

FF#75 is another personal favorite. Love that book. I bought a nice raw one a year or so ago from a boardie. I really need to get a graded copy to pair with the rest of the awesome storyline.

...same here..... it was the first one I bought with my own money off the stands .... leaf raking proceeds if memory serves. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It was one of the books my Uncle bought me on my first trip to a true comic book store. He loved the Surfer and remembered the "worlds within worlds" storyline to this one from when he was younger.

It was an added bonus when they ended up having to fight their dopplegangers in it as I had an issue of Spider-Ham where the backup story was the Fantastic Fur fighting their evil twins.

Fantastic Four #58

Massachusetts pedigree

From a superior, underappreciated collection with remarkable preservation of paper and cover inks. This ish is part of a titanic story arc with Doom, the Surfer, and some of the Inhumans all involved. Chrisco's favorite. ;)

FF58ped.jpg

Nice book. I keep patiently waiting for a 9.6 W copy to pop up for sale.

Fantastic Four #55

Pacific Coast pedigree

Just a simple but classic Kirby cover. Comic acquired in the days before CGC from Robert Roter, who purchased it directly from the original owner. It's getting harder and harder to find high grade silver age comics that haven't been manipulated by pressing.

FF55ped-1.jpg

:cloud9::applause: Something about FFs and purple covers this one just pops the inks are unreal

These books are freaking sweet. Bob has the best FF's!

Dan

Not for much longer, which motivated me to post the pedigree copies from my run.

Fantastic Four #50

Slobodian pedigree

Simple but beautiful Surfer cover using a deep brown background. Conclusion of the tremendous first Galactus/Surfer story arc.

FF50ped.jpg

Fantastic Four #34

Suscha News pedigree

While the Suscha News collection is rightly known for its ridiculously sweet bronze age comic runs, it also has some pretty silver age books too.

FF34ped.jpg

Fantastic Four #33

Pacific Coast pedigree

As far as I know, this is the first photomontage cover of the silver age, and it's way cool. Another pedigree comic bought from Pacific Comic Exchange way back in '99, and never manipulated.

FF33ped.jpg

Fantastic Four #28

Curator pedigree

Whitest copy of FF #28 I've ever seen. Only a small strip of distributor overspray mars the cover. Classic cross-over as two titanic teams do battle.

FF28ped.jpg

Fantastic Four #26

Curator pedigree

White and fresh, so much so this copy is arguably nicer than others with higher numerical grades. Thrilling story: as if the Hulk/Thing battle royale wasn't enough, Earth's mightiest heroes enter the fray. It's like the very best of the WWF!

FF26ped.jpg

These books are freaking sweet. Bob has the best FF's!

Dan

Not for much longer, which motivated me to post the pedigree copies from my run.

I think your comment slipped by the masses. Are you going to sell of your FF's ? You have an extraordinary collection. From a fellow collector's standpoint who also values originality, if sold, I am concerned these wonderful books will be subjected to the irons. Sad.