Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
21 21

7,218 posts in this topic

47,135 posts

I forgot to put these scans in the thread they belong. Part of an OO collection where nearly all the covers had a tanning halo. I was very very happy bringing these home.... in a box with no bags or boards. I drove and turned very slowly that evening.

scan0080-1.jpg

scan0081-1.jpg

scan0083.jpg

1,513 posts

Just picked up this FF#4 off Drummy.............thanks... 893applaud-thumb.gifFF4.jpg

2,700 posts

Yeah the label says "white pages" too! Is the back cover a mess or did you just bump into a cranky grading team? Or is the scan just particularly flattering? I'd love to read the grader's notes on that.

Nevertheless-- what a nice book. Great pickup.

1,513 posts
Yeah the label says "white pages" too! Is the back cover a mess or did you just bump into a cranky grading team? Or is the scan just particularly flattering? I'd love to read the grader's notes on that.

Nevertheless-- what a nice book. Great pickup.

Thanks, The back looks good,I think it is a 6.5 -7.0 but what do I know,I'm at the bottom of the list of Nik's grading contest........ insane.gif

12,509 posts

Here's a very nice 9.0 FF#6 (one of my favorite Kirby FF covers next to #4 and 12)....I don't own this copy anymore, as I had to sell it last month to pick up some other material...enjoy!

FCCGC9.jpg

10,221 posts

fine, make us all jealous! 27_laughing.gif nice copy there, PT!

12,509 posts

Thanks! It WAS a nice copy in my collection! I was proud to own it for 2 years though..

3,507 posts

Thanks! It WAS a nice copy in my collection! I was proud to own it for 2 years though..

sweet book Primetime cloud9.gif, show us your other gems , i 'm sure this is not the only nice FF you have or had

34,286 posts

Origin of the Black Panther, Green River pedigree, and an undergraded book at 9.2:

FF53GR.jpg

34,286 posts

Northland copy, green label (centerfold detached) also graded too harshly:

FF13NL.jpg

21,427 posts
Origin of the Black Panther, Green River pedigree, and an undergraded book at 9.2:

FF53GR.jpg

hail.gif

#53 was the earliest issue I purchased off the newstands. Had bought #54....and then ran round the neighborhood to a couple stores that were a little slow in getting their new books up. Found #53. What a story arc to get started with!

4,061 posts

3rd time posted today but this one definitely belongs here!

finito.jpg

1,513 posts

Great FF#1's Mar-vell & TSwift25.. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif...I'm also hoping to pick up a 4.5-5.0 #1 this year too,great book......... headbang.gif

3,507 posts
Great FF#1's Mar-vell & TSwift25.. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif...I'm also hoping to pick up a 4.5-5.0 #1 this year too,great book......... headbang.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

3,507 posts

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread on page 3 of silver age forum 893naughty-thumb.gif

ok here's another FF cgc 9.4 i 've just received, a really glossy 95 cloud9.gif

P1010065.jpg

3,434 posts

Man, are cursed or what! All your books are always so undergraded!!

poke2.gif

... I'm still waiting for someone to post a book of their's, and say it's overgraded... somehow 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif