Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
27 27

8,896 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Skunkboy said:

Picked this up along with an FF52 (posted in the FF52 thread) a few months back without giving it much thought.  When I finally had it in hand it blew me away - the colors are stunning.  The contrast of Torch against that indigo background is really something; the picture doesn't do it justice.  I feel like this issue doesn't get much love compared to all of the classic FF keys in its midst, but that cover is truly wonderful.

IMG_4118.jpg

The first FF that I ever saw :cloud9: ... I was impressed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

10 minutes ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Fantastic Four #22. The upgrade of Sue's powers was a spectacular move by Stan and Jack. The series would not have been as successful without this change.

FF0022-94.jpg

I always thought it should be a Key .... like you said, very significant. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Covers and pages have different paper. Many of my copies have great cover whites and only so-so pages.

I get that the paper is different but I would think the exposed area would start to tan before the inside of the book?  Just seems odd to me. Thanks for your explanation! :)

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Frankly I think it's weirder when the cover is clearly off-white and the book gets white pages.

I have a few like that as well.  My FF 51 has white pages but the cover itself is OW at best.

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

slight upgrade, but mainly did it cuz i dig the ellison note.  even neater that it looks like a label error--pretty sure it should just be a "from the collection of..." as opposed to a ped designation, but it slipped thru.

ff91-1.jpg

So very cool! October Thing!

8C4FB2B6-67EF-4039-A271-DB5C70840902.thumb.jpeg.a5f4fe7973ce0459acbfcb5c05b86b18.jpeg