• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2024 at 6:56 AM, The Man Without Beer said:

Finally, the completed Signature Series 1-10 run. All are Stan Lee signed (yes, witnessed too). Took 3+ years to finish this. 

DD1_10ss.thumb.jpg.58153389c1905d4eda8df40c6cfd461b.jpg

Awesome accomplishment!

Hope you don't mind the dumb question ... but Stan's been gone a while so how did you witness any of these after that point?

On 3/24/2024 at 5:19 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Awesome accomplishment!

Hope you don't mind the dumb question ... but Stan's been gone a while so how did you witness any of these after that point?

Thank you. To answer, I'll have to take CGC's word on that. But a question for you... How do you know Stan is really gone?

On 3/26/2024 at 5:39 AM, Gaard said:

Finally!  Back story ... When I was a kid, I was a die-hard Daredevil collector. The guy who owned the comic shop (a couple of blocks from my house) used to save all the back issues of DD he got in so I could go thru them before he put them out. For my 13th Bday (1975), my sister asked him to locate a DD #1 for me. I'm pretty sure I coined the phrase "Giggity" long before Quagmire when I opened my present. Sadly, I sold it a few years later. I haven't had one in my collection since. Until now.

Coming from Heritage...

dd1.jpg.6300ac74907f24e6e10f978f19fd01e4.jpg

Congratulations. When I was a kid, I could only dream of ever owning a DD1. 

Congrats on pulling that fantastic copy! You're going to love it.

I started collecting comics on Frank Miller/Klaus Janson's DD run in the late 70s. Ninjas were absolutely huge back then. I used to walk to Moondog's Comics when I would visit my grandparents' house and check out all the Daredevils. Moondog's is sadly gone now, but it won the inaugural Spirit of Retailer Eisner Award as a great comic shop.

I'm currently working on getting 2-10 in 8.0+. My #1 is a 5.0 signed by Stan the Man. Love that book.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:23 AM, Matt1982 said:

Congrats on pulling that fantastic copy! You're going to love it.

I started collecting comics on Frank Miller/Klaus Janson's DD run in the late 70s. Ninjas were absolutely huge back then. I used to walk to Moondog's Comics when I would visit my grandparents' house and check out all the Daredevils. Moondog's is sadly gone now, but it won the inaugural Spirit of Retailer Eisner Award as a great comic shop.

I'm currently working on getting 2-10 in 8.0+. My #1 is a 5.0 signed by Stan the Man. Love that book.

2-10 in 8.0+ would be a solid mini run. Shouldn’t be too expensive either other than issues 2 and 7.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:39 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

2-10 in 8.0+ would be a solid mini run. Shouldn’t be too expensive either other than issues 2 and 7.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it and I'm pretty close. I've already got 2 in an 8.0 and 7 in an 8.5. I'm working on 6, 8 and 10. Bought a 3 at a 6.5, had it cleaned and pressed, and it came back as an 8.5. I was really happy with that bump.

On 4/8/2024 at 5:12 PM, Matt1982 said:

Yeah, I'm enjoying it and I'm pretty close. I've already got 2 in an 8.0 and 7 in an 8.5. I'm working on 6, 8 and 10. Bought a 3 at a 6.5, had it cleaned and pressed, and it came back as an 8.5. I was really happy with that bump.

Oh yeah you for sure have the tough ones out of the way, and a 6.5 to an 8.5 is a great bump indeed for issue 3!

Edited by LDarkseid1