• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

xD

Congrats on very, very nice consolation prize :)

Yeah, at the end of the day every White Mountain I win (those are hard to win! I'm sorry to whoever I'm bidding against! We're making someone else rich!) feels like a major win, so I'll take it. Getting the 9.2 86 also helps, to be honest. I don't have a complete hole in the run.  

19 hours ago, rob_react said:

Yeah, at the end of the day every White Mountain I win (those are hard to win! I'm sorry to whoever I'm bidding against! We're making someone else rich!) feels like a major win, so I'll take it. Getting the 9.2 86 also helps, to be honest. I don't have a complete hole in the run.  

It wasn't me, I was looking at the Pedigrees as I have a lot in my DD run but just ended up feeling meh about the prices for some reason. The White Mountain is a nice book for sure so congrats. (thumbsu

23 hours ago, rob_react said:

I bid $825 on the Daredevil #86 CGC 9.6. That's 2.5(ish) times the last 9.6 sale and nearly the same price paid for the last 9.8. I laid that bid down a while ago and was just sweating bullets since. 

So, what happened? It sold for $846, which isn't even a whole increment over my high bid. Which means! If I'd been at my computer instead of at the gym I'd be $871 poorer because I sure as heck would have upped that bid.

I missed those 9.6 and 9.8 sales and I'm glad I did. I paid $725 for the Suscha News copy back in 2011. Insanity loves company.

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

I missed those 9.6 and 9.8 sales and I'm glad I did. I paid $725 for the Suscha News copy back in 2011. Insanity loves company.

I'm still trying to figure out what level of insanity I'll need for this one. I'm just hoping it's not 5 years until the next one shows up at 9.4+!

4 hours ago, jbud73 said:

It wasn't me, I was looking at the Pedigrees as I have a lot in my DD run but just ended up feeling meh about the prices for some reason. The White Mountain is a nice book for sure so congrats. (thumbsu

I'm really happy with it. It's an incredibly sharp book. I can't wait to get it in hand. 

20 minutes ago, findog said:

Advice? If you were in the market for a mid/low grade hornhead 1? Would you go eBay? These forums?

If I were looking for a low grade DD#1, I'd set a budget and cast a wide net.-the boards, eBay, the auction sites.  They come up regularly and if you're patient you can find a good deal. 

6 hours ago, findog said:

Advice? If you were in the market for a mid/low grade hornhead 1? Would you go eBay? These forums?

DD1 has to be the one of the most underrated books in the SA era. I don't own one but I believe it one of the greatest deals you can still buy at a descent price in any grade.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

On 3/21/2017 at 9:09 PM, rob_react said:

There were some comiconnect and heritage auctions for 9.8s and 9.6s DDs that were going at some really high prices IMO. Certainly that is a shocker, but then we never see those grades for certain books become available very often and collectors just seem to think 'I gotta have it'.

As with the DD #1 thread- I had  reason to dig through my boxes today, so I took a quick group shot (the 2nd #9 is the White Mountain copy- there's a huge bindery tear- it's 9.6 otherwise) 

20170424_090056.jpg

20170424_090059.jpg

Edited by rob_react

2 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Great group shot, Rob.

Have you posted a scan of your 9.4 DD #1 anywhere? If you did, I somehow missed it. It looks very sharp in the group shot.

I posted it somewhere, but here it is again. It's a great copy for the grade. I'm really happy with it. 

dd1-94.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, rob_react said:

As with the DD #1 thread- I had  reason to dig through my boxes today, so I took a quick group shot (the 2nd #9 is the White Mountain copy- there's a huge bindery tear- it's 9.6 otherwise) 

20170424_090056.jpg

20170424_090059.jpg

I like all of those. 

20391367918_633dc28bbb_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On February 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM, rob_react said:

I posted this into the Daredevil #1 thread:

Also... I knew it was probably maxed out at 9.2 and I was right. Still, I was hoping for magic. Still, I don't have a hole at #86 anymore and will have something to sell if I need to break the bank for the ComicConnect copy. 

001 Daredevil 86 4/72 Marvel Comics       Universal   9.2 WHITE   Gene Colan and Tom Palmer art
John Buscema and Frank Giacoia cover

Here's my copy again.

FullSizeRender.jpg