Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
4 4

1,498 posts in this topic

RareHighGrade   
  • 2,125 posts

In keeping with the publisher and title threads that have been so active lately, here is a thread in which to post Adventure Comics, including its predecessor titles. I will start things off with the first issue (from the "S" pedigree):

1410482-NewComics1%283%29.JPG

Cue to Wynn to post #2.

1410482-NewComics1(3).JPG.1109fe83e8fee0a6ddf10ead630895e0.JPG

Edited by RareHighGrade

batman_fan   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 10,341 posts

Although I don't collect these titles (pre-hero Adventures, More Fun, etc), I appriciate the artwork and scarcity. I also appriciate those of you who do collect them. Keep them coming! thumbsup2.gif

tth2   
  • 45,312 posts

Excellent topic for a thread! I will really enjoy when RHG starts posting all his killer New Adventures!

CentaurMan   
  • 2,028 posts

Again, I don't have a lot of mine scanned yet, but here are a few. I absolutely LOVE this run of covers. I consider these books to be the pinnacle of the early Golden Age.

adventure24.jpg

ciorac   
  • 30,055 posts
Awesome! Unfortunately I don't have a lot of mine scanned yet, but I do have #2 all queued up (as you predicted):

newcomics2.jpg

Awesome book Win!!! I have never seen that book before! Thanks!

ciorac   
  • 30,055 posts

Posted these in another thread, but what the heck, I like them.

Adv45.jpg

Adv43.jpg

RareHighGrade   
  • 2,125 posts
Again, I don't have a lot of mine scanned yet, but here are a few. I absolutely LOVE this run of covers. I consider these books to be the pinnacle of the early Golden Age.

adventure24.jpg

Win that is a beautiful #24. The pages look bone white. Is it a pedigree?

CentaurMan   
  • 2,028 posts

adventure24.jpg

Win that is a beautiful #24. The pages look bone white. Is it a pedigree?

Doubtful. It has a sealed spine split, but is otherwise unrestored (I believe).

sacentaur   
  • 13,048 posts
Here is another of the early New Comics, no. 5. Admittedly, these covers pale in comparison to the Flessels.

What impresses me about this New 5 is that the few other copies I've seen have discoloration fade on the front cover (as if it is unstable). Peter, to your knowledge is that true for this title - first 6 issues - or maybe just this particular issue?

STEVE Got Larson?

tth2   
  • 45,312 posts

adventure24.jpg

Wow! I've never seen the NA #24 before! Gorgeous looking copy, and really cements Flessel as one of the best artists that has worked in comics! 893applaud-thumb.gif

CentaurMan   
  • 2,028 posts
Here is another of the early New Comics, no. 5. Admittedly, these covers pale in comparison to the Flessels.

1410873-NewComics5%282%29.JPG

Those early New Comics have their own charm. Here's my #6

newcomics6.jpg

RareHighGrade   
  • 2,125 posts

What impresses me about this New 5 is that the few other copies I've seen have discoloration fade on the front cover (as if it is unstable). Peter, to your knowledge is that true for this title - first 6 issues - or maybe just this particular issue?

STEVE Got Larson?

The first six issues of New Comics, like the first few issues of More/New Fun, are on unglossed paper stock. Therefore, they all have a greater tendency to fade. It is rare to find one with rich colors like your More Fun #7. For some reason, the #5 experiences more fading/discoloring than any other issue. I don't know why.