• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Were these the only 2 Irene Claxton books that the seller had or were are of, or were their quite a few other books from her collection which he had for sale?  hm

I've been watching Gary sell quite a few from this collection and took the time to save SOME pics. At one point, he had More Fun 15-20 or 21 solid, as I recall. He also has some New Comics and the first few New Adventures. He also had a stack of Popular Comics (I think he still has one on eBay) but several of those found their way into other dealers hands now. The Irene Claxton stamp makes them hard to hide. The 2 More Fun copies pictured are still available from Gary, I don't own them. 

20191205_064210.png

20191125_070619.png

20 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Two new pre-hero arrivals...

31366A96-E88A-411D-9562-6145C88D843A.jpeg

I meant to quote you, not buttock, but my phone was being difficult this morning and I clicked the wrong post. It's funny that I was considering this exact same pair from Gary! It's too bad that there wasn't any type of list made from this collection. Great work uncovering all that you did about her Steve!!!

I bought this on a lark 4 or 5 C2E2 shows ago. Oddly enough, I was able to buy a coverless a year or two later, but have yet to "blend" a complete copy out of the pair. I think it's pretty cool to increase the population of existing copies by completing an incomplete comic. While this wouldn't be a suitable copy for some collectors, it'll be all I ever need. There certainly aren't enough to go around as it is, so every extra copy helps. AND it's a Cosmic Aeroplane :) 

New Comics 10 .5 c-ow front Cosmic Aeroplane.jpg

11 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I bought this on a lark 4 or 5 C2E2 shows ago. Oddly enough, I was able to buy a coverless a year or two later, but have yet to "blend" a complete copy out of the pair. I think it's pretty cool to increase the population of existing copies by completing an incomplete comic. While this wouldn't be a suitable copy for some collectors, it'll be all I ever need. There certainly aren't enough to go around as it is, so every extra copy helps. AND it's a Cosmic Aeroplane :) 

There goes my sell me your lower grade copy's

13 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:
On 1/6/2020 at 10:47 AM, sacentaur said:

Two new pre-hero arrivals...

31366A96-E88A-411D-9562-6145C88D843A.jpeg

Wonder why all of ther date stamps for the 4 Irene Claxton books posted so far are all well after the published months on the respective covers?  ???

Usually, the date stamps are a couple of months prior to the published cover date (i.e. return dates) to reflect when they actually hit the newsstands.  hm

Actually, they all seem to show the same 2 dates of February 20/21 of 1937 and August 29th of 1937.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Love me some New Comics 10 - it’s an issue I’m missing still.

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Wonder why all of ther date stamps for the 4 Irene Claxton books posted so far are all well after the published months on the respective covers?  ???

Usually, the date stamps are a couple of months prior to the published cover date (i.e. return dates) to reflect when they actually hit the newsstands.  hm

Actually, they all seem to show the same 2 dates of February 20/21 of 1937 and August 29th of 1937.  (shrug)

I believe it was Irene and not a distributor who stamped those book, as to why it’s a mystery.

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I believe it was Irene and not a distributor who stamped those book, as to why it’s a mystery.

I completely agree with that! All seem after the fact and only those 2 dates (from what I recall). Looking through my files, it seems that I didn't grab pics of the New Adventures 12-14. I never saw any from 15 forward, with the new logo style.I likely would've jumped on any 15, as I really like that cover. First Flessel in the title!!!!

On 1/8/2020 at 7:09 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I likely would've jumped on any 15, as I really like that cover. First Flessel in the title!!!!

Interestingly, #15 has by far the fewest copies of any Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics in the CGC census.  Although it doesn't get as much notoriety as #2, #26 and #27, it may be even more rare.

Edited by RareHighGrade

9 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Interestingly, #15 has by far the fewest copies of any Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics in the CGC census.  Although it doesn't get as much notoriety as #2, #26 and #27, it may be even more rare.

Thinking a little is it possible you don't have a 26 or 27 :gossip:                  :jokealert: lol

13 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

I never see it for sale and it's one of my favorites. Another I never see is the 17 and a quick census check puts it right behind the 15 as second rarest in all categories, universal, qualified and restored at only 7. The 17 is nowhere near my favorite, just one that I don't ever see offered. For whatever weird reason, I like the Flessel "raft" covers of 15, 25 & 32 quite a lot.