What's the "Going Rate for a GSXM #1
2 2

27 posts in this topic

30,742 posts

I was at a LCS yesterday, Looking at an Action Comics #77 in the display case, and I couldn't help but notic a GSXM #1 CGC 8.0 Universal Grade. I am a GA collector only, but the book looked nice, and I was hoping to get some opinions as to the "Going Rate for this issue.

6,831 posts
I was at a LCS yesterday, Looking at an Action Comics #77 in the display case, and I couldn't help but notic a GSXM #1 CGC 8.0 Universal Grade. I am a GA collector only, but the book looked nice, and I was hoping to get some opinions as to the "Going Rate for this issue.

I'd say between $350-450. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

3,849 posts

An 8.5 recently sold for $530 and another one had no bids with a BIN of $550.

30,742 posts

He wanted $420 for the book, and I thought that might be a good deal, but I guess not. I would have picked it up for any interested board member that might have wanted it.

Mike

6,831 posts
He wanted $420 for the book, and I thought that might be a good deal, but I guess not. I would have picked it up for any interested board member that might have wanted it.

Mike

GPA has the last sale of a GSX 1 8.0 at $400. $420 isn't to bad.

1,232 posts

Yeah. Not too bad for a LCS. You also should consider that there is no charge for shipping & handling. If it's a nicely presented copy, you may consider pulling the trigger.

1,232 posts
He wanted $420 for the book[...]

Or offer a trade for an ounce of the kind... stooges.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gif

15,273 posts

Or offer a trade for an ounce of the kind... stooges.gifpoke2.gif27_laughing.gif

that's some expensive err stuff you're talking about there, not that i would know or anything

1,198 posts

$420 is a good price, I was going to say around $500.

30,742 posts

that's some expensive err stuff you're talking about there, not that i would know or anything

893whatthe.gif

1,720 posts

Mike

Mike, if it has White Pages, I would say it is a good deal.

35,984 posts

Mike

For a LCS, with the associated overheads that eBay sellers don't have to deal with, that is an excellent and fair price.

Kudos to your LCS! thumbsup2.gif

30,742 posts

Mike

For a LCS, with the associated overheads that eBay sellers don't have to deal with, that is an excellent and fair price.

Kudos to your LCS! thumbsup2.gif

I might pick it up. As I mentioned, I only collect GA, but, according to my last years guide, it's a good deal. I'll call about the page quality, and give it some thought.

Mike

3,551 posts
1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I should have bought this book.  :cry:

story of all our lives. 

949 posts

If we bought every book we were supposed to when we were supposed to, the hunt wouldnt be as fun I feel. 

3,819 posts
5 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

If we bought every book we were supposed to when we were supposed to, the hunt wouldnt be as fun I feel. 

I'd like to test that theory by buying every book I'm supposed to, then comparing it to how I feel now when I see a book I should have bought and want to eat a swimming pool full of glass.

399 posts

Is a CGC 8.0 GSXM #1 a $2,000 book now?