• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DONATE NOW IN TIME FOR HOLIDAYS PLEASE :)

20 posts in this topic

"tis the season for giving" SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Please consider a donation to us here at C4K you'll be glad you did!

Comics4Kids

20825 SR 410 East # 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

(253) 441-9364

website maintenance done soon smile.gif

Thank you SO MUCH for your time and consideration!

Take Care,

Dale Moore, President

Comics4Kids

www.comics4kids.org

comics4kids@aim.com

Comics4Kids

20825 SR 410 East # 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

(253) 441-9364

Take Care,

Dale Moore, President

Comics4Kids

www.comics4kids.org

comics4kids@aim.com

Since the website doesn't work, it would be helpful for you to post instructions here re: what information you need from us along with any comic books we send(name, address, SSN for the charity receipt, declared value?). Also, any particular shipping instructions would also be helpful. I have a couple of longboxes of stuff I'd be willing to donate.

Alls we need is your books packed in boxes (long ok) and tape the heck out of them and send them united states postal service media rate to us should be like $15.00 a long box. And all we need included is your name, address, and the comic count and we multiply that by $4.00 and send you a receipt.

Hopefully that answers your questions, thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Take Care,

Dale

Hey Doc,

What is the most expensive book ever donated? Also lets just say someone unknowingly donated something valuable like a showcase 4 or a fantastic four 1 or whatever ... would you keep it and send it to some lucky kid, tell the owner what it's really worth or auction it and use the proceeds to buy thousands of cheaper books ... or just maybe (if it's an action 1) ... keep it for yourself and not tell anyone 27_laughing.gif

We would sell it/them and use to buy more comics for the kiddies smile.gif An action 1 would get a lot of good press for us that way. The most valuable book(s) donated was a run of ASM 1-100, the highest dollar amount for a donation was a little over $100,000 (our pal Steve at Investment Collectibles donated a little over $60,000 in comics himself)

Any way for Canadians to get tax benefit?

Instead of a deduction you get a cold case of Molson long necks. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And a king size bag of Moose Flavored Pork Rinds popcorn.gif

Chris

anything not intended for the kiddies we review and if assuredly not for kids we trade for appropriate material from the LCS. smile.gif

and as for Canadian tax advantages, would any of the 7,333 lawyers on this board please offer some advice besides the favor of the Queen be Bestowed upon thee, Oh Gallant Reader?

I am planning on donating a bunch of books to the local VA hospital. My understanding is that if the value of the books that you are donating ( actually your total non-cash donations) is less than $5,000 you do not need an appraisal, but if it is over that amount you would. I would think that you would need to be itemizing your deductions in order to use this.

I am just planning on getting a receipt that indicates the approximate number and value of the books donated. I am comfortable with a valuation of $3 a book which is about the price of a new book.

My accountant, who collects baseball cards asked if there was something similar to beckett's and that it would be a good idea to keep a copy of that with the items doanted highlighted. At the moment I am thinking of using last years Overstreet for donations for both 2006 and 2007.

Comics4Kids

20825 SR 410 East # 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

(253) 441-9364

Take Care,

Dale Moore, President

Comics4Kids

www.comics4kids.org

comics4kids@aim.com

sent a short box via UPS on 12/11- when could i expect to receive the donation letter?

paperheart PM me your name and I will see if your books were received yet, should have letter within a week of our getting your donation smile.gif

and canadians, I think the Queen keeps all the good comics for herself, so we still send a letter, but I think you have to eat the value and chalk it up to being a good frostback ~ i'm a dual citizen so i can say that. WE SHOULD ALL BE MOVING TO CANADA, eh?

Dale,

I know I have brought this up before, but I would strongly recommend that you get the 501©(3) paperwork filed. I have no doubt that your organization is on the level, but it's the only way that donors can be assured that their donations will be deductible should the IRS come calling. The process is not terribly expensive; I have no doubt that you can find an attorney who will do the paperwork pro bono and the cash outlay is under $750.

The process takes 3-6 months depending on whether the IRS asks for more information after the initial submission. So starting the process by May of next year would be a good idea to ensure that donors get full deductibility in 2007.

A google search will tell you all the you really need to know, but here are two pages that cover the process and pitfalls fairly well:

Wikihow Page: How to start a Non-Profit

Fact Sheet with some info on avoiding pitfalls

I'll even make you this commitment. If you get your status in time for next year's donation cycle, I will donate a minimum of 2,500 comics to your organization in 2007.

Any way for Canadians to get tax benefit?

Instead of a deduction you get a cold case of Molson long necks. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And a king size bag of Moose Flavored Pork Rinds popcorn.gif

Chris

They only come in "hickory flavored" loser. makepoint.gif

I did not know Moose were hickory flavored....never took the time to lick one..my bad..I will defer to you on this one...

thumbsup2.gif

Chris