• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Trying to update my recap page and every time, I get this page error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www/vhosts/boards.collectors-society.com/html/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 980

Any clue what's going on?

An individual thread post has a maximum capacity of text information it can store...literally, there are only so many text characters that can fit into a post.

Once your post has reached that capacity, you'll get that error message. Split your recap into two separate (consecutive) posts to relieve that constraint.

I hope this is the right area, just curious why my second sales thread was deleted? It was in accordance with all posted rules. Unless I misunderstood or glossed over one

cant see it, so cant say...

post your rules and we'll tell you if you missed anything.

The main things are.

1. board exclusive (not listed anywhere else)

2. gotta list a price

3. gotta list what books

4. gotta provide either good scans or condition

5. provide shipping costs and methods

6. provide payment options/methods

7. gotta say how you plan to deal with the idea of returns (allow them? how long? what type?)

I think those are the top things that seem to get people dinged for not meeting rules.

So here are the rules I provided with both my first and second post.

Paypal only

Buyer pays shipping (will ship same / next day), will do my best to make it as cheap but secure as possible

No returns accepted, sorry but with us moving it’s an added headache

If you have a bad reputation contact me first before claiming

First I’ll take it gets it in thread or PM, timestamp will be decider

Pics will be provided as requested, hectic weekend filled with packing and family so serious inquires only

Minimum $20 purchase, all prices OBO

Most books are first prints & NM unless noted otherwise

The first time my thread was closed was on me, I had them listed on another forum which I thought was okay I just thought we couldn't have dual listed on official sales sites. I closed the other thread and re-posted. My second thread was also closed, so I began asking in various threads as well as PMing mods. This morning I awoke to a PM from a mod stating "Please do not repost threads once they are pulled. If you notice that a thread has disappeared, this is an indication that it has been removed by a moderator, so you should not start a new thread with the same content." Which means the second thread being closed could also be on me as well. I do not want to get a suspension or ban, I would just like to know why my second thread was closed? Once a thread is deleted are we not allowed to correct and re-post? If so then that's my fault and I will cease attempting to sell the books in the initial thread :)

Paypal only

Buyer pays shipping (will ship same / next day), will do my best to make it as cheap but secure as possible

Pics will be provided as requested, hectic weekend filled with packing and family so serious inquires only

The first time my thread was closed was on me, I had them listed on another forum which I thought was okay I just thought we couldn't have dual listed on official sales sites. I closed the other thread and re-posted. My second thread was also closed, so I began asking in various threads as well as PMing mods. This morning I awoke to a PM from a mod stating "Please do not repost threads once they are pulled. If you notice that a thread has disappeared, this is an indication that it has been removed by a moderator, so you should not start a new thread with the same content." Which means the second thread being closed could also be on me as well. I do not want to get a suspension or ban, I would just like to know why my second thread was closed? Once a thread is deleted are we not allowed to correct and re-post? If so then that's my fault and I will cease attempting to sell the books in the initial thread :)

It's a super lazy selling thread. No pictures or scans, and a useless group description. "NM unless otherwise noted" is a recipe for disaster because it basically means you have bag graded the books.

Paypal only

It's a super lazy selling thread. No pictures or scans, and a useless group description. "NM unless otherwise noted" is a recipe for disaster because it basically means you have bag graded the books.

Ahh okay well thank you for input! We're moving Wednesday and I was trying to quick sell some books to reduced space thus the no scans I was willing to provide them though. Thank you for insights!

Paypal only

I can think of another Boardie that has selling threads without ever posting pictures of the books.

No worries just wanted to make sure that it was closed for a legit reason thank you for all your inputs!

Apparently it was for a legit reason, but it would have been nice if they had told you specifically what the reason was.

I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a question for me and I apologize in advance if it has already been answered.

I recently came into a number of limited edition artist proofs of a series of Marvel Character statues. They are VERY limited in number. I was wondering if it appropriate to offer them up on the sales board and if so which one?

Thanks !

Mitch

Payment question.

I read the posting for sale rules.

One is no personal PayPal allowed.

Not sure what that means.

Is that just a normal pp account?

If I can't use that to accept payment what does that leave for those who

Only have a regular/personal pp account?

Post office Money order seems to be the only other good option.

Am I understanding the pp thing correctly?