• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

Brian,

When Steve and I were hammering out the details of the committee, we talked about the simplest way to replace members who've resigned. We both felt that constant elections would be cumbersome, so decided that if the remaining committee members and Steve could agree on someone, and that someone was interested, that they could just be appointed to the position.

If that methodology sounds good to you and Harry, and you both feel that arex would make a good committee member, then maybe run it by Steve and forge ahead. thumbsup2.gif

Jeff

That methodology is fine. I'll email Harry later -- and then speak to Steve -- but it may not be until chicago. We'll need another person as well, and so we'll see if Steve has any input on who that should be. I think it's important that the committee be able to work together. Frankly, it'd be nice if we could do something because thus far, we haven't done much of anything.

actually, things really have been relatively quiet insofar as controversies, etc.

since this thread had been totally quiet for 3 months. i'd chosen to let it remain so

It's been quiet because it's a lame duck.

As a member of the committee -- let me say I actually agree with this. Now, if we get some members who want to work together, maybe it will work better. Personally, I'd like to have Arex on the committee at the very least.

And please don't take my comment as a slight against any of the members. It's no ones fault, the idea has just failed to be realized (so far).

actually, things really have been relatively quiet insofar as controversies, etc.

since this thread had been totally quiet for 3 months. i'd chosen to let it remain so

It's been quiet because it's a lame duck.

As a member of the committee -- let me say I actually agree with this. Now, if we get some members who want to work together, maybe it will work better. Personally, I'd like to have Arex on the committee at the very least.

Hear, hear!

It's not so much the slab as the microchamber paper. Apparently, it loses its effectiveness after 7 years, so they suggest you reholder the book so the microchamber paper can get switched out. I'm not terribly concerned.

It's not so much the slab as the microchamber paper. Apparently, it loses its effectiveness after 7 years, so they suggest you reholder the book so the microchamber paper can get switched out. I'm not terribly concerned.

Good question and pretty correct answer................. (thumbs u

I called Steve (as a member of the Liason Committee, but he'll answer anyone's questions directly if they call him) to get the scoop and here's what he had to say;

the microchamber paper (which is designed to remove airborne contaminants) was tested for effectiveness up to 7 years, and passed. it may well be effective beyond that but was not tested for longer periods. Steve believes that if stored properly, books will not require any reholdering for microchamber paper replacement.

hope this helps..................Harry.

i also spoke with him about the staple replacement issue brought up elsewhere in this forum and have responded there.

Good question and pretty correct answer................. (thumbs u

I called Steve (as a member of the Liason Committee, but he'll answer anyone's questions directly if they call him) to get the scoop and here's what he had to say;

the microchamber paper (which is designed to remove airborne contaminents) was tested for effectiveness up to 7 years, and passed. it may well be effective beyond that but was not tested for longer periods. Steve believes that if stored properly, books will not require any reholdering for microchamber paper replacement.

hope this helps..................Harry.

i also spoke with him about the staple replacement issue brought up elsewhere in this forum and have responded there.

Interesting. Thanks Harry (thumbs u

The Liaison Committee in action! :banana:

:acclaim:

Well done, Harry! (thumbs u Since you've been so effective, I'll ask another question:

What's up with the Geppi Museum books being identified as such at the top of the slab? Are they supposed to identify books that were submitted by the Geppi Museum? Were they represented to CGC as being for display in the Geppi Museum only, or did CGC expect (or care) that the books would be quickly sold?

Well done, Harry! (thumbs u Since you've been so effective, I'll ask another question:

What's up with the Geppi Museum books being identified as such at the top of the slab? Are they supposed to identify books that were submitted by the Geppi Museum? Were they represented to CGC as being for display in the Geppi Museum only, or did CGC expect (or care) that the books would be quickly sold?

The books are labeled for GEM only.

The back label states: NOT FOR RE-SALE

Books that are no longer in GEM or never made it in, will have or have had the labels taken out and given the usual CGC labels when being sold. I know a few made it to the Heritage website before re-labeling, but that has been fixed (thumbs u

The books are labeled for GEM only.

The back label states: NOT FOR RE-SALE

Books that are no longer in GEM or never made it in, will have or have had the labels taken out and given the usual CGC labels when being sold. I know a few made it to the Heritage website before re-labeling, but that has been fixed (thumbs u

hm