• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,793 posts in this topic

fourcolor639.jpg

I always thought Fess Parker resembled Alec Baldwin. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West

I don't see it. Maybe if he was looking out the window from the back seat of the short bus, where he belongs, I might see it...

grin.gif

FC3.jpg

Hi, Welcome to the boards! That's a great book - thanks for posting it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

However, this isn't the appropriate place to be posting links to ebay auctions. There is a separate forum specifically for that:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=comicsmarket

You might want to edit your post to remove the link before a mod deletes it.

Also, while this is the first time Alley Oop appeared in his own title (and hence can be called Alley Oop #1), it is far from his first appearance in comic books. He first appeared in the Funnies #1 in 1936 and was a regular feature in that title for years. gossip.gif

A couple of recent pick -ups:

Here's Petunia's 1 & only solo book - looks like that Porky book she's reading will go the way of most Four colors that you see- dog-eared & chocolate stained smile.gif

This copy just has that paper worn off in the the upper left, otherwise a VF+ copy - I never saw one before this one.

FC463.jpg

And a cover that I just dig for some reason... maybe it reminds me of childhood & the happiness that you could get just from yummy smells

FC243.jpg

A couple of recent pick -ups:

And a cover that I just dig for some reason... maybe it reminds me of childhood & the happiness that you could get just from yummy smells

FC243.jpg

I'm once again reminded how much I like the variety in the Four Color (pseudo)series.

Great Thumper cover -- although it does look like he's not house-trained. Von Buettner accd GCD, which looks right to me.

Jack

Some first series four colors, this is one that proved tough to find.

2.jpg

That's got to be the most heavily armed cruise ship ever! wink.gif