• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox and the Crow?

22 posts in this topic

If you post that question in the GA forum, you'll have more replies as a few folks do like the Fox & Crow over there.

thumbsup2.gif

There's several of us Fox and Crow types.

Beautiful #1 BTW hail.gif

I've always liked the fox and crow....don't have any high grade, but have a nice selection. thumbsup2.gif Thanks for posting.

143ksk!

"Beautiful #1 BTW."

Unfortunately it isn't mine. That one is from CGC's own site.

I have about a dozen Fox and the Crow in VF or better condition. I started accumulating kid's stuff and other junk in 1979 and I've become a condition fanatic over the years.

frustrated.gif

Shiver, I'll have to take a second look at Dodo as I have generally liked Fox and Crow better, though that may be because I find the character design to be stronger.

RealScreen91.jpg

What I like about dodo & the Frog is they are unique in comparison to other funny animals of the period, the designs are not archetypal like cat & mouse/ fox & crow, they are just more odd. The humor is similar to F&C in that the plots oten revolve around trying to con money, but the humor is a notch tighter. I acually laugh when reading D&F. The other thing, is the coloring in Funny Stuff from about #30-50 is INCREDIBLE, really unique sky colors & blends, odd highlights, dramtic lighting, it adds a very surralistic air. I wish I had some extras right now to send to you.

Thats a BEAUTIFUL real screen by the way.... cloud9.gif

What I like about dodo & the Frog is they are unique in comparison to other funny animals of the period, the designs are not archetypal like cat & mouse/ fox & crow, they are just more odd. The humor is similar to F&C in that the plots oten revolve around trying to con money, but the humor is a notch tighter. I acually laugh when reading D&F. The other thing, is the coloring in Funny Stuff from about #30-50 is INCREDIBLE, really unique sky colors & blends, odd highlights, dramtic lighting, it adds a very surralistic air. I wish I had some extras right now to send to you.

Thats a BEAUTIFUL real screen by the way.... cloud9.gif

Thanks!

Looks like it's time for me to find a Dodo & Frog. thumbsup2.gif

Fox and Crow comics are both clever and funny. (thumbs u

FoxCrow65.jpg