• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

Being a small collector, when someone asks me "hey can I see your copy of X book", I enjoy showing it not once but as many times as I am asked. Whether the book has a zero value or hundreds of dollars it never really matters.

I get psyched, excited with new purchases and like sharing with my fellow collectors, to some it may not mean a thing, but for others they might enjoy it.

This is the bond that I have always felt was shared by many collectors, not how much you have or what its worth, lets not forget that no matter what priceless gem you possess at one time it was worth less then a cup of coffee.

Being a small collector, when someone asks me "hey can I see your copy of X book", I enjoy showing it not once but as many times as I am asked. Whether the book has a zero value or hundreds of dollars it never really matters.

I get psyched, excited with new purchases and like sharing with my fellow collectors, to some it may not mean a thing, but for others they might enjoy it.

This is the bond that I have always felt was shared by many collectors, not how much you have or what its worth, lets not forget that no matter what priceless gem you possess at one time it was worth less then a cup of coffee.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif. i consider you a big time collector for that very reason - your attitude towards the hobby is superb in my opinion - and you always seem to have something i never knew i needed before wink.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif. i consider you a big time collector for that very reason - your attitude towards the hobby is superb in my opinion - and you always seem to have something i never knew i needed before wink.gif

He's amazing that way... insane.gif

Agreed a great collector.(who keeps taking more and more of my money)

Thanks to Dave for joining the boards. I hope you stay and contribute.

Aside from "petty squabbles" as described here, I would like to say thanks to Steve, Stephen and Brad for their other posts. I have learned a lot and do appreciate their comments in other discussions here.

I'm sure once this settles down, there will be some interesting discussions in the GA boards.

Not anymore. Now, $2.95 will buy you a new comic, but you can't even touch the grande Mocha at Starbucks. 27_laughing.gif

My posting was not done lightly. I have sat by and watched Mr. Carey, a comic dealer, bad mouth numerous individuals, including myself, over and over again.

S

I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

I am a comic dealer? Really? Refresh my memory if you would Stephen, what exact books have I sold in 2006? Please answer the question as your attempts to deflect from the serious issues at hand are rather obvious.

This is a tough one as I have been advised by several members that shills are ever present ("Blue" Krazy Kat anyone?) here so we generally don't know who poster X is from a hole in the wall. Metro uses an aka on ebay, so I have no idea how many of "them" are here. For the record, there is only one of "me".

I will not respond to Dave's post as he clearly indicated that he would not return. I had my say and he had his. He has already previously related to me his disdain for the board when I encouraged him to come here, and to stay away is certainly his choice.

For the record, I have never seen the Church Action 1. Yes, I have heard the rumors but they are just that - rumors - and I have not commented on the book because I know nothng about it. Again, I would argue it is within Dave's right to keep the book under lock and key as he deems fit.

Finally, I stand by everything that I have related. There are major issues at hand in this hobby, and to bring them out into the open for discussion is my goal... even if it hurts me personally in the long run.

STEVE

I call a lot of people Mister or sir. gossip.gif

Give me time and I'll even call Butters sir...just comes naturally. I assure you it had nothing to do with what books some dude has or is rumored to have. There's a kabillion books I salute over Inactive#1 (and I'm not worried about so-called blasphemy) yeahok.gif

Besides....When I arrived here (way back when) greggy sent me a PM telling me to call him Sir. confused.gif I still have it. cloud9.gif

And by using the term Mister, I was illustrating to Mr. Zaid that things weren't exactly as out of hand as his panicky typed post indicated. hi.gif

Hi

I only know Dave, and from my own experience he is a man of integrity.

He has always treated me well and the outmost of consideration.He has given me opportunities that I could only dream of otherwise.Ive dealt with him for 12 years and have never had any problem with grading nor have I ever found any restoration on any unrestored book he has ever sold me .[i only by unrestored books]

I am a Big collector of Superman and Batman and Dave is my #1 source when Im looking to purchase serious material.I would not trust anyone else at this level.

Hes earned my respect and business and I will continue to do business with him.

Hi

He has always treated me well and the outmost of consideration.He has given me opportunities that I could only dream of otherwise.Ive dealt with him for 12 years and have never had any problem with grading nor have I ever found any restoration on any unrestored book he has ever sold me .[i only by unrestored books]

I am a Big collector of Superman and Batman and Dave is my #1 source when Im looking to purchase serious material.I would not trust anyone else at this level.

Not to bad mouth Action1kid, but I really do see you more as an Action2kid.

S

Hi

Not to bad mouth Action1kid, but I really do see you more as an Action2kid.

S

Oh snap