• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

FYI, West at CGC has just notified me that the Adventure 60 I sincerely believed had some minor resto (gloss and seal) was resubmitted and came back Blue. I believe in full disclosure whether I'm right or I'm wrong, and in this particular instance, CGC says I was in error.

My apologies to Dave for including this book in the rest of the discussion.

893whatthe.gif You can't capitulate so easily just because CGC said it wasn't restored! You have to start a new thread making wild allegations about the Anderson-CGC conspiracy! It's the way things are done on these here General Forums! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

You know....I think the last 25 times someone mentioned the idea of a conspiracy theory on these boards, it was you! poke2.gif

11/21

Paul replied and said it happened when CGC first started, but "after quick squawks, they beganreturning them". So hardly the conspiracy to defraud or rip off collectors everywhere that your post initially made it out to be.

11/13

Another conspiracy theory killed by a brutal gang of facts.

11/12

There are over 2000 listings in this auction alone. I would be surprised if no mistakes were made. Should Heritage be more careful? Absolutely. But I would certainly say that incompetence is the lesser evil compared to a grand conspiracy to defraud their customers.

11/11

Heritage rectified the error, which caused the reserve to go into effect later than the scheduled time. Error, yes. Conspiracy or nefarious plan, no.

10/24

I'm not saying that variants aren't underpriced in the Guide, just that it's not due to some conspiracy between the dealers and Overstreet.

9/10

Haven't you been reading all the conspiracy theories on this thread? Surely it's obvious that Halperin & Co. have pulled a big con on Geppi.

8/8

Your report based on actual fact will undermine all the conspiracy theories of Heritage shilling auctions right up to the winning bidders' maximum bid price!

5/22

Before accusing them of conspiracy to suppress opposing opinions, why don't you first test it and send in your response? If they do indeed "suppress" your opinion, then rail away at the conspiracy.

5/20

Another conspiracy theory shot to hell by facts!

4/30

It`s all a conspiracy by Heritage to hide defects in these books. Stay far far away from these auctions! It`s all the work of the devil!

4/7

If you don't talk about the big numbers, then all the conspiracy freaks will simply explain your situation away by saying that Heritage wouldn't waste its time on just a few hundred dollars.

4/1

Nah, if I wanted to sound like JC, I'd insist that it was some conspiracy keeping B&B 34 out.

3/20

The way you kept repeating your conspiracy theory on Showcase #4 in this thread when everyone initially ignored it indicates that you purposely phrased it that way to pick a fight and were going to keep harping about it until someone responded.

3/20

How can old TR wallow in his conspiracy theories if they can be disproved so simply?

Please find a way of describing an argument you don't agree with as something other than a "conspiracy".

Red

Edited by Red Hook

FYI, West at CGC has just notified me that the Adventure 60 I sincerely believed had some minor resto (gloss and seal) was resubmitted and came back Blue. I believe in full disclosure whether I'm right or I'm wrong, and in this particular instance, CGC says I was in error.

893whatthe.gif You can't capitulate so easily just because CGC said it wasn't restored! You have to start a new thread making wild allegations about the Anderson-CGC conspiracy! It's the way things are done on these here General Forums! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

Nah, take it to the Golden Age forum. They need something exciting down there to wake up those doddering old fogies grin.gif

Thank you for the posts bat_fan, steel, and Bill, and others - much appreciated.

STEVE

This just shows you what a stand up guy Steve is. It takes a class act in my book to admit an error especially in an age where that's just not done.I personally think Steve has the stronger case in this whole debate and I would trust him to do the right thing in any situation, because I believe hin to be an honorable man, a rarity in this day and age and especially in certain segments of this hobby.

Thank you for the posts bat_fan, steel, and Bill, and others - much appreciated.

STEVE

How much do you want for it? poke2.gif

First, I can't believe anybody would be ragging on Steve Carey.

He scans his books for us to see by volume. Nuff said.

Second, the books he was looking to sell to some BSD's are no-nonsense top-caliber.

But yet some still want to question the quality of said books.

THE BOOKS HE WAS LOOKING TO SELL WERE CONSISTENT IN QUALITY WITH HIS PERSONAL COLLECTION.

I would like to know if Ciorac is feeling particularly whole after recieving "chipped down the side Marvel keys" in exchange for his Bob Kane Batman painting, a crazy valuable piece?

7-day exchange/return policy? Maybe not this time? Hearing this made me angry at work thinking about this and it wasn't even my painting.

Carey is TOPS in my book.

I think shipping alone on the painting was hundreds of dollars. It was huge. I still feel I got the short end of the stick on that deal, because I did. But it was a long time ago and I don't dwell on it. The other thread about this topic reminded me of it and I shared my experience.

At least I still have a picture of it.....

kane.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful

Second, the books he was looking to sell to some BSD's are no-nonsense top-caliber.

THE BOOKS HE WAS LOOKING TO SELL WERE CONSISTENT IN QUALITY WITH HIS PERSONAL COLLECTION.

I would like to know if Ciorac is feeling particularly whole after recieving "chipped down the side Marvel keys" in exchange for his Bob Kane Batman painting, a crazy valuable piece?

7-day exchange/return policy? Maybe not this time? Hearing this made me angry at work thinking about this and it wasn't even my painting.

I think shipping alone on the painting was hundreds of dollars. It was huge. I still feel I got the short end of the stick on that deal, because I did. But it was a long time ago and I don't dwell on it. The other thread about this topic reminded me of it and I shared my experience.

kane.jpg

yeahok.gif

kane.jpg

yeahok.gif

27_laughing.gif

kane.jpg

yeahok.gif

yay.gif

Nah, take it to the Golden Age forum. They need something exciting down there to wake up those doddering old fogies grin.gif

Eh? What's that, sonny?