• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Nick Cage comic theft

139 posts in this topic

can anyone think of a movie that he was bad in?

i can't witch gives me hope.

He was bad in Con Air, but I still enjoyed the hell out of that movie. It was way over the top in a good way.

Whoaaa. Now that's a bad movie.

Or maybe I was biased, watching a pirated copy broadcast on cable in Borneo in 100 degree heat.

Naaah. It was just bad.

And I generally like most of his movies. GR looks fun, especially the scene with the original Western character. Let's just hope the clip they showed on Leno is an isolated incident.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/02-13-07?GT1=7701

Quick mention of him being a comic book fan regarding GR. I have a feeling that I am going to enjoy the real GR series of DVD's (you need to be a motorcycle fan to know it, absolutely the craziest wildest videos you could imagine) more than this movie but I'm hopful. You can't tell me anyone thought his performance (or Elizabeth Shue's) was not a good performance, of course you needed a hit of heroine to pick you up enough to get out of your seat after the movie proves that.

Watch the youtube video here www.ghostridermovie.net for the real Ghost Rider...

I keep thinking this movie would have been been better off with a talented but less well known (or even unknown) actor instead of Nick Cage.

For some reason, Nick Cage, and the mistique of the Ghost Rider character just don't seem to mesh for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's a good point. I don't know the Ghost Rider character that well, but when I look at Nick Cage he seems to have sad eyes & kind of a hangdog expression...a great actor, but maybe not the perfect fit for a guy with a flaming skull for a head.

nicolas_cage.jpg

Nice hair insane.gif

Hey, everyone had hair like that in the 90s. Even me 893whatthe.gif (well maybe not exactly like that)

This is a recent photo gossip.gif

Oh, ok tonofbricks.gif, well he should have done what the rest of us did when the 90s finiished and got a short respectable back & sides and turned his back on his slightly long haired, hell raising days.

can anyone think of a movie that he was bad in?

i can't witch gives me hope.

He was bad in Con Air, but I still enjoyed the hell out of that movie. It was way over the top in a good way.

Whoaaa. Now that's a bad movie.

Or maybe I was biased, watching a pirated copy broadcast on cable in Borneo in 100 degree heat.

Naaah. It was just bad.

And I generally like most of his movies. GR looks fun, especially the scene with the original Western character. Let's just hope the clip they showed on Leno is an isolated incident.

I LOVED Con Air, so ridiculous it was hilarious. What movie with Cage, Oldman, and Buscemi wouldn't be entertaining?

The fact Ghost Rider isn't being screened to critics beforehand should tell you everything you need to know concerning the movie's quality. Compound that with it being delayed during the bad movie graveyard that is Febuary and it has stinkarama written all over it...

Jim

The fact Ghost Rider isn't being screened to critics beforehand should tell you everything you need to know concerning the movie's quality. Compound that with it being delayed during the bad movie graveyard that is Febuary and it has stinkarama written all over it...

Jim

Avi Arad says otherwise...

link

Jim

link

Despite the obvious spin, screening the movie less than 24-hours before release will ensure the morning papers won't have their reviews ready and thus sucker people before how bad the film is becomes common knowledge...

EDIT: According to MSNBC, the movie isn't being screened beforehand. And if there was a "promotional junket" last week for critics you'd have seen the pre-reviews by now...

Jim

Jim

link

Despite the obvious spin, screening the movie less than 24-hours before release will ensure the morning papers won't have their reviews ready and thus sucker people before how bad the film is becomes common knowledge...

EDIT: According to MSNBC, the movie isn't being screened beforehand. And if there was a "promotional junket" last week for critics you'd have seen the pre-reviews by now...

Jim

If it sucks, it sucks. 10 bucks ain't gonna break me. smirk.gif

Not sure why your so down on this movie as the effects look pretty cool as does the Rider? If nothing else it should be enjoyable to watch and the storyline is decent.

Actually, I wasn't impressed whatsoever with the effects. They look awfully cheap in the trailers. It having a decent storyline though is something we'll just have to wait and see...

Jim

Not sure why your so down on this movie as the effects look pretty cool as does the Rider? If nothing else it should be enjoyable to watch and the storyline is decent.

Given his track record, until Mark Steven Johnson delivers a movie that isn't complete and utter garbage, I think Jim's skepticism is completely warranted and appropriate. thumbsup2.gif