• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

This reminds me of the cartoons "How Movies Should Have Ended" like Superman just flying and getting the missles, Froto getting a ride by the eagles and just dropping the ring into the volcano, or Star Wars when the general is pizzed because Lea brought the plans to the base instead of transmitting the plans.

If Hiro can go back and forth in time, and what he does can change things, just go back to the point it all happens and kill Sylar before he is even born. Quite messing around with going back and forth between the present and the future.

Still, I like the show and I thought it was a fun ride and I enjoyed it more than 24 this year.

OH and what the hell was up with the little aside with Simone's father and Peter? Who orchestrated THAT little scene? The dead guy, or the guy who doesn't possess the powers to do such a thing?

The answer as provided by Simone's father: "Does it really matter?"

Well, hell YES it matters! As long as we're cutting corners in the storytelling and cheating the viewers by providing absurd "deus ex machina" plot "twists", why not just have a herd of unicorns fly in and impale Sylar? Oh, that's right, they basically did.

I didn't want to say it while the show was still running, because I thought maybe it would redeem itself with a gigantic, cataclysmic finale, but since it didn't, I'll say it now: The show just wasn't very good. It was like a nighttime soap opera in terms of the dialogue and the ridiculous, convoluted story line(s).

If this show and "Lost" are the best that TV has to offer, I'm going to kill my cable and take up taxidermy instead.

• Administrator

OK, I wasn't going to say anything but I still can't figure it out and I don't have TiVo nor the internet time to research it...so help me out...In the last two episodes, when they are in Issac's loft they show the pictures of the Cheerleader and Jessica as well as others, that I could have sworn we saw locked up in Linderman's vault in Las Vegas???? Anyone? Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

yah...i noticed that as well.

unsure if it's just bad re-use of props or if it was to imply that Isaac couldn't get away from a certain thread of visions.

yah...i noticed that as well.

unsure if it's just bad re-use of props or if it was to imply that Isaac couldn't get away from a certain thread of visions.

Swiss cheese has less holes than this plot line. tongue.gif

What caught me most off guard was the add for the new Bionic Woman headbang.gif

I cant wait cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

That was very unexpected and looked cool too! thumbsup2.gif

She's not Lindsey Wagner but I'll probably give it a shot.

I have low expectations so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Why did they have to save the cheerleader? What relevance did she play?

To me it was quite simple really...Saving Claire meant that she was able to bring out the ulimate good in Nathen and cause him to sacrifice himself in the end by doing the right thing....

My kinda ending... cloud9.gif

I am sure there is a Post about this but I had to just say- I love this show. I have been DVR-ing it and can not believe how good it is. It reminds me of a lot of Unbreakable and the 90s Valiant titles. Does anybody else see the similarity with the Valiant stuff?

"an organization determined to identify and keep track of powered individuals"

"a blond who can control fire with her hands"

"a mysterious Japanese business man who is in power from behind the scenes"

"a young man named Peter with lots of abilities and powers who may be the key to everything"

...that really does sound familiar... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh, wait... now I remember... picture it... the year was 1992...

grin.gif

HarbingerHCsolicitation.jpg