• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nedor/Better Publications.
5 5

458 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you gentlemen could kindly point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a list of all super-hero books put out by this publisher (is it one or two?) and any background information about the company itself. It appears it was a major player during the Golden Age but petered out around 1949-1950. thumbsup2.gif

Just for reference, I've been looking at America's Best Comics, Black Terror, Fighting Yank and Starling Comics war covers in 4.0 or higher grades. But it seems like I'm missing a title stable of the publishers somewhere. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You need to add Exciting Comics to your list, as well as Thrilling Comics for starters.

I'm not sure if Wikipedia is 100% correct on their list of Nedor books, Mystery Comics in particular. I have a copy of Mystery Comics #1, and the indicia notes William H. Wise & Co. as publishers. Were they connected to Nedor? (shrug)

Wise & Co. distributed Mystery Comics through Nedor.

From Michelle Nolan's article "The Other Nedors"...

"Brad Spencer, Wonder Man also appeared as the primary feature in Mystery Comics #1-4, none of which were dated but all of which were copyrighted 1944 by the William H. Wise Co., which apparently distributed this title through Nedor. This 52-page series featured mostly science fiction and jungle strips, none of them distinguished. Schomburg's covers were the most noteworthy aspect of the series. Many of the characters in Mystery Comics also turned up in two William H. Wise one-shots copyrighted 1944: the 196-page America’s Biggest Comics Book and the 132-page Complete Book of Comics and Funnies."

Edited by nearmint

Lets bring back this title with a bang. Just picked this one up and on it's way to papa.

Sold a bunch of SA Marvels on the boards to fund this guy. I can't wait until the movie comes out.

exciting9.jpg

2370753503_babb98325d_b.jpg

2370700939_1574382021.jpg

2454481165_f80ea44126.jpg

2839966459_211a5522cd_o.jpg

I like the superhero covers (and the jungle covers and the Sci Fi covers).

Alter Ego 61 and 62 contain portions of Michael Vance's book about Nedor/Standard/ACG

Buy the book and order the back issues for more information.

bb

Lets bring back this title with a bang. Just picked this one up and on it's way to papa.

Sold a bunch of SA Marvels on the boards to fund this guy. I can't wait until the movie comes out.

exciting9.jpg

wow, super nedor key!

exciting9.jpg

wow, super nedor key!

Here's the Origin and 1st appearance part of the story. Why keep a low/mid grade GLOD encased anyway????

You'll have to buy the book to finish the story (has it been reprinted anywhere?)

Is this the origin of steroids too? Or is that reserved for Captain America's secret serum. Enjoy.

exc9002.jpg

exc9003.jpg

exc9004.jpg

exc9006.jpg

exc9007.jpg

exc9005.jpg