• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nedor/Better Publications.
5 5

458 posts in this topic

comfightyankwarrun_zpsjebyavas.jpg

I like those Fighting Yank covers. It's Schomburg at a decent price.

31626393436_8862f0fd8e_b.jpg

31315517613_271a1899e4_o.gif

I picked up one of those because of Flea's gif...

Yeah, that's why I started picking them up. At the time, they were so much less than Timelys. I also like them a little better. The covers aren't quite so "cluttered" and they had a lot more color.Glad I bought most of mine when I did...

14 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Talk about flying under the radar..... this thread is on page 16 ..... (tsk) shame, shame ...... just picked this up recently, always liked this one. The Nedor airbrush covers are SO cool... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

UKTgzcL.jpg

One of my favorites.  Seem to be a lot of high-grade copies around.  Makes me wonder if there wasn't a warehouse find at some point. hm

14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

One of my favorites.  Seem to be a lot of high-grade copies around.  Makes me wonder if there wasn't a warehouse find at some point. hm

...... maybe a small stack of unsold issues..... there's 11 copies of this one in 9.0 and up, with a lone 9.6 being at the top.... so it's not rare, but not exactly common either.. A lot of it may be due to Science Fiction Fandom snagging and saving comics along with the paperbacks and pulps they were also collecting..... and reaching the age where sales of their collections are occurring. Someone got what in my opinion was a good deal on a nice 8.0 not too long ago. GOD BLESS...

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

...... maybe a small stack of unsold issues..... there's 11 copies of this one in 9.0 and up, with a lone 9.6 being at the top.... so it's not rare, but not exactly common either.. A lot of it may be due to Science Fiction Fandom snagging and saving comics along with the paperbacks and pulps they were also collecting..... and reaching the age where sales of their collections are occurring. Someone got what in my opinion was a good deal on a nice 8.0 not too long ago. GOD BLESS...

Could well be.  The cover is certainly striking enough for people to have been motivated at the time to put it aside. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Could well be.  The cover is certainly striking enough for people to have been motivated at the time to put it aside. 

Back in the 90's, a fellow around here found a group of about 20 different comics in an old store that had been closed down for a while..... I wish I'd had the foresight to gather more info.... but I think they may have been stored away with other obsolete merchandise. Each comic had from 5-20 or so copies and all were from the 50's...... same year and timeframe. All were extraordinary. One of the Ditko issues of Thing was there and a few other PCH. I think that type of thing happens from time to time. GOD BLESS....