• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JohnH19 said:

A friend of mine opened a comic store a few weeks ago and I couldn’t resist taking this one from a silver age collection he just purchased.

3C0C7765-8B9D-4F1C-8665-95B21CEFF302.thumb.jpeg.8a22027f414d45024317f67de83e357d.jpeg

Very Nice!!! That's an amazing looking copy! Congratulations, you are a very fortunate Flash Fan Indeed!:banana::banana::banana: That's a triple dancing banana event!

How are my fellow Flash Fans doing? I thought this was a great review of 119. So glad the newer generation can appreciate the classics! Thanks for turning me on to this youtube channel Frozentundra! She actually names John Broome, gets huge cred from me for doing it!

Edited by flashlites

8 hours ago, flashlites said:

How are my fellow Flash Fans doing? I though this was a great review of 119. So glad the newer generation can appreciate the classics! Thanks for turning me on to this youtube channel Frozentundra! She actually names John Broome, gets huge cred from me for doing it!

Thanks for sharing. It's great to see newer fans sharing with their fans. 

10 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I picked this up from Ebay this week. Now, I have Captain Cold, Mr. Element/Dr. Alchemy, the Mirror Master, the Pied Piper, Gorilla Grodd, the Weather Wizard, Captain Boomerang, Professor Zoom, and Heat Wave to go.

Flash128.thumb.jpg.520b36934f04446f36f7e32b966b2a7f.jpg

Awesome! Are you putting together a collection of just Flash Rogues? Or are you going to go after the whole run? :)

On 6/7/2021 at 12:19 AM, Math Teacher said:

Just the Rogues. I really like all the issues from #105 - #150 or so, but that's just too much for me to pursue.

Maybe go for first Cold cover at 114. much more affordable than SC8. I always think first covers are under valued. (also Flash 127 First Grodd) - and of course 155 first Rogues team up - and then 174 that incredible cover and then......happy hunting, enjoy the fun.

1 hour ago, Math Teacher said:

I got this book this week from an online company called ShortBoxed. I'm now down to #105 (first Mirror Master), #110 (first Weather Wizard), #117 (first Captain Boomerang), #139 (first Professor Zoom), and #140 (first Heat Wave). I'm afraid that Showcase #8, #13, and #14 are going to be out of my reach.

Flash106.thumb.jpg.56f4431f2ad4e7e59dd598ccec4e11e7.jpg

Yes, I double-posted. At least I'm not a serial killer, so far as anyone knows. lol

This is awesome news!!! Just 5 issues!!?? You are so close! The Showcase issues were out of my reach as well, although I did manage to find an affordable SC#13 2 years ago. Maybe one day I'll get a SC#14 but other than that I think I have to call my collection complete. I love this 106 of yours! It's in great shape, much better than my copy :insane:. Congratulations!

I got this from @Tombofdracula50 this week. I only need to get Showcase #8 (first Captain Cold), Showcase #13 (first Mr. Element), Flash #105 (first Mirror Master), Flash #110 (first Weather Wizard), Flash #117 (first Captain Boomerang), Flash #139 (first Professor Zoom), and Flash #140 (first Heat Wave), and my Flash Rogues' gallery will be complete. I'm not holding my breath on SC #8 and #13, but you never know....

SC14.jpg.b78b62896fcc5b89a966599db8a01d72.jpg

Yes, I double-posted again. I can provide my attorney's number, if need be.

51 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I got this from @Tombofdracula50 this week. I only need to get Showcase #8 (first Captain Cold), Showcase #13 (first Mr. Element), Flash #105 (first Mirror Master), Flash #110 (first Weather Wizard), Flash #117 (first Captain Boomerang), Flash #139 (first Professor Zoom), and Flash #140 (first Heat Wave), and my Flash Rogues' gallery will be complete. I'm not holding my breath on SC #8 and #13, but you never know....

SC14.jpg.b78b62896fcc5b89a966599db8a01d72.jpg

Yes, I double-posted again. I can provide my attorney's number, if need be.

Awesome!!!!! Congratulations! Great looking copy too!!! Are you going to go for SC4 too? It's so awesome to see you putting this together! Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

Awesome!!!!! Congratulations! Great looking copy too!!! Are you going to go for SC4 too? It's so awesome to see you putting this together! Thanks for sharing!

I would really love to get a SC #4, but I think I would have to sell a big book to afford it. I contemplate selling my IH #181 on a regular basis, perhaps to buy a SC #4 or an issue from Captain America #1 - #10. I do a lot of contemplating, but I never seem to be able to pull the trigger.