• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,445 posts in this topic

Recent pickup thanks to one of my favorite boardies!! The Lightning reminds me subtly of my Flash Comics #10. Both books missing their centerfolds ironically. Mooney and Moldoff!! The Flash hit the stands a little over a year before the Lightning. Both great covers imo!! Thanks brother this will be a nice placeholder until I can upgrade this toughie!!

38884853032_f150560ca5_b.jpgFlash Comics #10

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Recent pickup thanks to one of my favorite boardies!! The Lightning reminds me subtly of my Flash Comics #10. Both books missing their centerfolds ironically. Mooney and Moldoff!! The Flash hit the stands a little over a year before the Lightning. Both great covers imo!! Thanks brother this will be a nice placeholder until I can upgrade this toughie!!

38884853032_f150560ca5_b.jpgFlash Comics #10

right up your alley brotha..congrats (thumbsu

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Another recent pickup thanks to another favorite boardie!! Centaur coolness!!

38205141764_691d3dcea6_b.jpg

Cool one :applause:

you know someone else who's quietly been bitten by the Centaur bug :whistle:

but hey, it was inevitable : I'm a Sagittarius, it's my birth sign :D

11 hours ago, Primetime said:

right up your alley brotha..congrats (thumbsu

10 hours ago, sagii said:

Cool one :applause:

you know someone else who's quietly been bitten by the Centaur bug :whistle:

but hey, it was inevitable : I'm a Sagittarius, it's my birth sign :D

9 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Great stuff Gino! You're gonna have to expand your awesome sig line!!

Thanks gentlemen!!!

22 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks brother!! I’m a far ways away from that sweet collection of yours!! I’m just following slowly behind in your footsteps ?

:gossip: If you stay close enough behind him, you can nab a few of his books when he's not lookin'!

13 hours ago, EBE said:

redryder.jpg

I love the Red Ryders! Very cool looking books. Harman was such a stylized cartoonist. If you like his work, seek out a couple of his Sunday comic pages. They present really well and often feature larger panels and even splashes uncommon in other strips.

5 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I love the Red Ryders! Very cool looking books. Harman was such a stylized cartoonist. If you like his work, seek out a couple of his Sunday comic pages. They present really well and often feature larger panels and even splashes uncommon in other strips.

I was first exposed to Fred Harman and Red Ryder back when I was a kid, reading the Sunday Funnies. I forgot all about him until a year or so ago, when I came across a Red Ryder comic book and it ignited my interest. I not only like his drawing style, but the stories are a cut or two above the norm, IMO. So far I have 3 or 4 Red Ryders, but I plan on steadily and slowly collecting them.

7 hours ago, EBE said:

I was first exposed to Fred Harman and Red Ryder back when I was a kid, reading the Sunday Funnies. I forgot all about him until a year or so ago, when I came across a Red Ryder comic book and it ignited my interest. I not only like his drawing style, but the stories are a cut or two above the norm, IMO. So far I have 3 or 4 Red Ryders, but I plan on steadily and slowly collecting them.

Red Ryders by Harmon are awsome. So are Straight Arrow by Meagher. Similar style. They are the  Carl Barks and Walt Kellys of Westerns!