• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,445 posts in this topic

the heroic 1-15 run is FINALLY closed--this 10 took a long time. group shot coming when it makes it's way here.

heroic10.jpg

heroic is a great little run for sure...congrats on closing out yet another run!

if only you collected dc :baiting:

Cool books! Love those early Aces, especially the Jim Mooney covers! :applause:

LightningComicsVol2num3front.jpg

the heroic 1-15 run is FINALLY closed--this 10 took a long time. group shot coming when it makes it's way here.

heroic10.jpg

heroic is a great little run for sure...congrats on closing out yet another run!

if only you collected dc :baiting:

Congrats, BP! I finished that run and for me the #13 was my last one. Now I have 2 #13s doh! But for sure a great run.

heroic10.jpg

Cool! I've only got 1, 2 and 12 but it's a run I plan to complete too.

heroic10.jpg

Attaboy Geek (thumbs u

Some new goodness :)

LightningComicsVol3num1front.jpg

I got hooked on Ace covers back in the sixties. I think Mike Vosburg's Masquerader 5 contained a pretty good article. Great art and very creative stories. I like Harvey too. It is easier to buy these books than Timely or early Action. Ace is the place! :cloud9:

heroic10.jpg

:applause:

I like that western cover. Eastman had some strange superheroes and Buck Rogers. I like em both.

I think the battling robots can be found in Buck Rogers 4.

I picked up a coverless issue 3 last month and it is also a fun read.

4441318277_03a113f81e.jpg

3163691780_5880411435.jpg

Love it - just stay away from the Super-Mysterys until I finish my run. :baiting:

:eek: Too late for that. :foryou:

ps: How about showing off some of that Super Mystery run :baiting:

Oh great more competition ;) Here's my graded issues. I have just a couple more that are raw so still a long way to go for a complete run. I try to pick these up as I find them and can afford them in between by Nedor runs.

Super-MysteryComicsv52cgc90white.jpg

super-mysterycomicsv26cgc45cr-ow.jpg

super-mysterycomicsv35cgc60ow-w.jpg

super-mysterycomicsv46cgc90cr-owcri.jpg

This low grader was my first foray into SMs.

super-mysteryv62cgc35cr-ow.jpg

super-mysteryv55cgc50ow-1.jpg

Purchased this one from Mr. Parker here on the boards raw. He had it graded dead on as a 6.0 with white pages. IIRC.

super-mysteryv33cgc60white-1.jpg

This is the Detroit Trolley copy and one of my favorite covers.

super-mystery2cgc65cr-ow-1.jpg

Purchased this one from Mr. Parker here on the boards raw. He had it graded dead on as a 6.0 with white pages. IIRC.

the winner of the ponscon I grading contest [which brought with it both acclaim AND a big trade book on king kirby] thanks you for the props. sure looks purdy in that slab.

the winner of the ponscon I grading contest [which brought with it both acclaim AND a big trade book on king kirby] thanks you for the props. sure looks purdy in that slab.

Does it have a name written on it anywhere? I'm wondering if it's the copy I sold to Mr. Bedrock a few years back.

Does it have a name written on it anywhere? I'm wondering if it's the copy I sold to Mr. Bedrock a few years back.

i bought it from ricky, so the chances are high that it is your old book.

heroic10.jpg

I just can't seem to figure out what is going on in this cover. It looks like a guy is gonna brand a cow, and some blue dude with a squirt bottle is releasing a Genie in an aviators cap to whomp him ??

Congrats on finishing :applause: