Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
44 44

44,458 posts in this topic

11,090 posts
Here is a new, and very fun, addition to the collection. I'll snap some interior pics later as the artwork is fantastic!

Smash1.jpg

Very nice, Bill :applause: If Lou Fine was still drawing The Ray that would make it extra special :grin:

39,246 posts
Had me worried but it actually arrived in the mail today. I'm usually not gambler but I got lucky this time around.

Punch20cgc7_5ebay.jpg

I've always like this cover. Not so much for the bare-breasted women, but because the rocket girl is drawn so well. Perfect form. :cloud9:

5,389 posts
Had me worried but it actually arrived in the mail today. I'm usually not gambler but I got lucky this time around.

Punch20cgc7_5ebay.jpg

I've always like this cover. Not so much for the bare-breasted women, but because the rocket girl is drawn so well. Perfect form. :cloud9:

Funny you should mention that actually. As I had originally bought it for the notorious bare breast. However, as I kept looking at the photo, while waiting for the book to arrive, I started to really appreciate how she was drawn as well.

15,874 posts

A couple of sweet Nedors courtesy of Heritage.

Exciting4896.jpg

Exciting5080.jpg

39,246 posts

Excellent. :applause:

4,192 posts

My one HA win:

lf-2.jpg

14,377 posts
My one HA win:

lf-2.jpg

Cool book, Ro! :applause:

4,827 posts

Got this in the mail this week. :)

It had some pretty violent interior stuff. Japanese soldiers being burnt alive and panels of them killing themselves. :eek:

Bw2sVwCGkKGrHqJjEv10FyVVBMK5OWgt2Q_3.jpg[/img]

Bw2sjzQEWkKGrHqRhYEv10Ei-JBMK5O9s4_3.jpg[/img]

25,546 posts

By none other than Craig Flessel (see sign at bottom right CF)

4,827 posts
By none other than Craig Flessel (see sign at bottom right CF)

Cool. Didn't even notice that before. Its awesome centerfolds like this that make me want to crack books out of their slabs.

5,389 posts

My newest D copy :whee: ... I've had my eye on this book for a looooong time. Definitely over paid, but since I couldn't get my hands on the #2 D copy this was the next best for me, just love this one :cloud9: . Bought raw but formally in a 7.5 slab, going to resubmit it and hope for the best, but not until after I've flipped through it and smelled the pages. :wishluck:

TrueCrimeComicsDcopymet8_5.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

12,508 posts
My newest D copy :whee: ... I've had my eye on this book for a looooong time. Definitely over paid, but since I couldn't get my hands on the #2 D copy this was the next best for me, just love this one :cloud9: . Bought raw but formally in a 7.5 slab, going to resubmit it and hope for the best, but not until after I've flipped through it and smelled the pages. :wishluck:

Wow - pretty book :applause:

5,389 posts

Wow - pretty book :applause:

thank you. :)

3,179 posts

Very nice. I almost bought that exact book out of a classified in the CGB a few years back, but I wasn't buying comics at the time. My loss. This is a truly great series.

5,389 posts

Very nice. I almost bought that exact book out of a classified in the CGB a few years back, but I wasn't buying comics at the time. My loss. This is a truly great series.

Thank you. I wanted to pull the trigger awhile ago but just couldn't afford it. I thought it was a little over priced for a 7.5, but I've yet to find a nicer copy for sale in the two years I've been watching it so I just went for it.

4,776 posts

My first two GA purchases!

HT12007.jpgHT12008.jpg

USA12005.jpgUSA12006.jpg

6,087 posts

HT12007.jpg

USA12005.jpg

What an incredible way to start. Both beautiful, but that HT12 is epic!

39,246 posts

HT12007.jpg

USA12005.jpg

Excellent. :applause: