• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

Anybody that wants to make one of these cabinets, it took 9 sheets of 3/4" 4x8 birch, 2 sheets of 1" 4x8 birch (for the sides), 2 sheets of 1/4" luan for the back, and some 5/4" pine for the cleats. The doors were originally plain, I just recently added some 1/2" pine to it to make it look like panels. It all screws together so it is easy to assemble.

Anybody that wants to make one of these cabinets, it took 9 sheets of 3/4" 4x8 birch, 2 sheets of 1" 4x8 birch (for the sides), 2 sheets of 1/4" luan for the back, and some 5/4" pine for the cleats. The doors were originally plain, I just recently added some 1/2" pine to it to make it look like panels. It all screws together so it is easy to assemble.

Awesome cabinet dude..... How long did it took you to built it?

Is the long boxes full?? Is the shelves not sagging??

Thanks. It took me around an hour, but I have a fully loaded construction shop so it makes it a little easier to do. It doesn't sag one bit, I have a divider on every shelf staggered to support the weight, and it hasn't sagged since I built it in 2007. I even disassembled it and put it back together when I moved last year. And all the long boxes are full.

Let me try this again...box I built a few years ago for my longboxes.....

jl1o34.jpg[/img]

ab5z4k.jpg

Dude that is so awesome. Would love one of those.

Is this located in your Kitchen?

Edited by budsbundy

I'm envious of you guys who build such great things like that on your own. Id end up missing a few fingers or worse if I attempted to build this. lol

I'm just not a handy guy with power tools.

Eclipse the cabinet looks spectacular!!!!

and X Phile that Bats room as sweet!!! You have tons of awesome Bats related books there well played!!

Thank you! Working on my 10 cent Joker covers.

Loving that! .. can't beat some hard cover love!

Thanks! I've been collecting them for 20 years, and finally had my bother in law build the shelf for me to hold them all.

That is beautiful :applause:

Thank you!

The right column goes like this:

Top Shelf: Fireside Hardcovers (and softcovers if no HC was issued)

Charles Burns section

Paul Pope

Jeff Smith

Mike Mignola

Frank Miller 1

Frank Miller 2

Neil Gaiman

161e0k2.jpg