• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Hey Bangzoom, did you give a total count on the entire collection?

This is a guess: maybe something in the neighborhood of 1000? The collection is still intact so I could sit down and start counting...

That could easily be a pedigree. I think it's REALLY cool that you still have the whole thing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not too much to complain about is right! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I'll second that. Simply amazing.

Keep them coming popcorn.gif

Would love to see more Centaurs! Maybe Amazing Mystery Funnies? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

There is a bunch of Amazing Mystery Funnies so maybe I will post some of them.

They have GREAT covers.

Not too much to complain about is right! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I'll second that. Simply amazing.

Keep them coming popcorn.gif

Would love to see more Centaurs! Maybe Amazing Mystery Funnies? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

There is a bunch of Amazing Mystery Funnies so maybe I will post some of them.

They have GREAT covers.

Yeah they do! Gorgeous Everett stuff. I would love to find a few some day, but they are so tough and so far out of my price range that I have to live vicariously through boardmembers right now!

This is a guess: maybe something in the neighborhood of 1000? The collection is still intact so I could sit down and start counting...

That could easily be a pedigree. I think it's REALLY cool that you still have the whole thing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

But if I have no plans on selling them is there any reason to pursue that?

Not to mention I don't even know how to do that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not really, just an observation. thumbsup2.gif

I say keep them as is forever and write a good will. Who needs CGC unless you plan to sell. If you plan to sell, best thing you can do is get them pedigreed and sell them yourself on ebay or hire someone to set up your own website. At 1000 books even if they start to get "worse" (ie Feature , Popular, etc) you are seriously looking at nearly $1,000,000 in comics and more if you have a Tec 27 in grade (which I feel is coming). I feel kind of dumb profering advice, just hope no jackals snarf a couple up from you.

BTW, please allow for the entire comic to show in the scanner, its nice to be blown away by a book and not have to wonder if there is any little glitch where you can't see. Plus poor Ebayers are notorious for cropping images of low grade books and making them look like they are "sharp" This isn't the case with your books, clearly but these gems aren't being presented in their best light. Actually, they look great all except for the top edge.

I'm shocked by the Adventure 40 but those Weekly's are pretty sick too. Not a collection you see everyday and especially one that hasn't been bought by a major dealer. Great to see the original finder showing them off.

Ed

Not to mention I don't even know how to do that. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't care personally whether CGC designates it as a pedigree or whether you slab any of them, but the provenance of the books (i.e., a complete list with grades and a description of the backstory) should be preserved intact so that the history is not lost. I have zero doubt in my mind that this collection, based only on the amazing stuff you've posted thus far, is a pedigree-quality collection by ANY standard.

I hesitate to ask this, because I am not sure my heart is strong enough to take the answer, but I will anyway - was there an Action #1 and/or Detective #1 and/or Detective #27 in the collection?

P.S. I almost fainted when I saw the Adventure Comics #40. That might be the highest grade unrestored copy in the world, based on how it looks in that scan. Just mindblowing. hail.gif