• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Bangzoom, I hope you are doing better as each day goes by. This thread of yours led me into these forums and added gasoline to my comic collecting spark. Seeing what is posted on this thread and other threads here is like an adventure of sorts for me. I love seeing the pictures of GA comics and also like the stories of how they were acquired.

I don't. What is amazing about this collection is how well they look just sitting in stacks in those funky cleaners bags. We all know they are exceptional basically original owner copies. You just don't see that anymore.

Well said. :golfclap:

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000000000000000000000000000000 (thumbs u

Pardon my ignorance: how does this thread differ from the "Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!" thread? It looks like there's a lot of overlap... Is the Cigar thread more for new purchases?

This thread is only BangZoom's collection. (worship)

"Have A Cigar" is for everyone to show off their latest golden age acquisitions.

Sorry for chiming in on such an old post, but I am struggling to find the advertisement for "Cosmic Stories" that Jerry supposedly ran in "Science Wonders Stories."

I have read numerous books and articles stating that Jerry advertised the fanzine in "Science Wonder Stories" sometime in 1929. While digging through the back issues, I have located some Bernard letters with different addresses, but no advertisement for "Cosmic Stories".

Has anyone else seen this ad?

57 minutes ago, 40sJohn said:

Since the move to this new formatted board, I cannot see the images on the first pages of the thread.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any idea how to fix it?

I don't think they've finished converting all of the old posts. It may take a while before they do. I think Arch said they had more than nine million posts to convert. 

18 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

It looks like everything is there now. And I just had a pm from Bangzoom who is adjusting to the new boards... he seems hale and hearty.

Great news! This and the Fox thread are my favorites on the board.

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

It looks like everything is there now. And I just had a pm from Bangzoom who is adjusting to the new boards... he seems hale and hearty.

Thanks for the update. That's great news indeed.