• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever wonder why those Archie collectors love Harry Lucey?

178 posts in this topic

So, FPJ do you have all the calendars?

No you've beat me away from more than a couple I've wanted! I've six more of the annuals premiums, but they are all the later non calendar ones. Plus of got a pinup from an Archie's Pals 'n' Gals offer (I think)

this has always been a favorite cover of mine....

Jug49fc.png

You got quite a collection, I love Archie books. Some of the most fun I have reading, in comparasion to books nowadays. Just laid back childish humour is relaxing.

This to me is the best run of Pep covers ever. 132 was the toughest for me to locate.

They start at 116 and continue into the 130's. For some strange reason, I think that this was the only Archie title during this period that did not conform to the red/blue logo format.

Harry Lucey was the best!

Pep132fc.png

[/img]

I love seeing all of these covers. Even though I was not aware who Lucey was, once I saw the artwork it immediately clicked. His work is alot of fun and I truly enjoy seeing these old Lucey covers and pages. I hope they continue.

Scott

another day, another Harry Lucey

!BV36fc.png

As much as I've grown to love Lucey's work, I've always thought this was an absolutely bizarre cover. Nothing human has ever had legs that proportionately long.

another day, another Harry Lucey

!BV36fc.png

As much as I've grown to love Lucey's work, I've always thought this was an absolutely bizarre cover. Nothing human has ever had legs that proportionately long.

Harry Lucey meet Rob Leifeld, Rob Leifeld meet Harry Lucey.