• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever wonder why those Archie collectors love Harry Lucey?

178 posts in this topic

So, in addition to this classic gem, which I received this week:

IMG_0002-26.jpg

These unread, super-high gloss Lucey classics come in today. First the wrapper--apparently part of a roller-skating promotion.

IMG_0003-26.jpg

Now, the books. Not super-HG, but beautiful and way above average for the time period.

IMG-34.jpg

IMG_0001-27.jpg

For me laugh 97 is the hottest cover Lucey did :cloud9:

In the last Comic Link auction, I saw the price for an entire Archie story drawn by Harry Lucey. I thought it would have been cool to own one as I was impressed at the simplicity of design but the conveyance of character within each panel. It was like reading an animated cartoon.

While it may have been a mistake to pick up the art, I was pleased to see a boardie pick it up and show it off. It is something I will pay more attention to in future auctions.

7Kc2poH.jpg

Wow - knee-length skirts were "short."

Different times... but I am not complaining, growing up in the era of the mini-skirt. Then the mini-skirt. Then the freakin' mini mini-skirt!

:luhv:

-slym