• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

Very well done :)

I could not locate a gallery for Princip for probably 15-25 minutes, but then I figured out how I was searching wrong on CAF. Once I did that, it all fell into place.

Gavrilo Princip was a Bosnian Serb revolutionary who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, in Sarajevo on 28 June 1914, precipitating the First World

Where does 19074 fit in?

Very well done :)

I could not locate a gallery for Princip for probably 15-25 minutes, but then I figured out how I was searching wrong on CAF. Once I did that, it all fell into place.

F you guys, I was still looking for more serial numbers until PSI published it.

I immediately recognized the sig, but thought there was more to it.

Kudos, bud.

Gavrilo Princip was a Bosnian Serb revolutionary who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, in Sarajevo on 28 June 1914, precipitating the First World

Where does 19074 fit in?

19074 was the serial number of the Browning he used to shoot the Archduke

Where does 19074 fit in?

19074 was the serial number of the Browning he used to shoot the Archduke

AH, haven't read that far lol

Nice

My biggest problem is jumping to Charlie conclusions. I was pretty sure the number referred to a Camillus machete.

I must have stared at that CAF machete pic for 15 mins looking for a correlation lol

Littleprince.JPG

GAME OVER!

Congratulations, please lay out how you solved it and which prize you will claim.

I'm ashamed to admit that it was a little bit of brute force Google'ing. That said, I knew your hint was written the way it was for a reason. Clearly the number 19074 was important. I wasted time trying to search it even more like Metalpsi, gallery names, views, items, etc. I looked for members here with that id #, but it is a coinee who has never posted. Then, it occurred to me that the item and the # must be linked. Ultimately I landed on a search for "number 19074". One of the links mentioned the serial # of a Browning pistol used to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand.

The man who fired the shot? Gavrilo Princip. I was flustered for a while because I was searching CAF for Princip in a way that did not lead to "his" gallery. But I finally found a way to do it correctly. When I did, it led to here. http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1359790

This is a signature image and the rules of the game ask that you determine whose signature it is and post an image of the title character of his most famous book, The Little Prince. I confess, I tried to eyeball the signature for some time and then saved the image and ran a reverse image search on Google. It was very quick after that.

Littleprince.JPG

GAME OVER!

Congratulations, please lay out how you solved it and which prize you will claim.

I'm ashamed to admit that it was a little bit of brute force Google'ing. That said, I knew your hint was written the way it was for a reason. Clearly the number 19074 was important. I wasted time trying to search it even more like Metalpsi, gallery names, views, items, etc. I looked for members here with that id #, but it is a coinee who has never posted. Then, it occurred to me that the item and the # must be linked. Ultimately I landed on a search for "number 19074". One of the links mentioned the serial # of a Browning pistol used to assassinate Archduke Ferdinand.

The man who fired the shot? Gavrilo Princip. I was flustered for a while because I was searching CAF for Princip in a way that did not lead to "his" gallery. But I finally found a way to do it correctly. When I did, it led to here. http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1359790

This is a signature image and the rules of the game ask that you determine whose signature it is and post an image of the title character of his most famous book, The Little Prince. I confess, I tried to eyeball the signature for some time and then saved the image and ran a reverse image search on Google. It was very quick after that.

I need to learn how to do that

Charlie: I will take the Batman Europa piece by Jim Lee. It looks like a very cool cityscape. I suppose I need to pick up the book. Is it good?

Thank you once again. You are overly generous to the boards with these games. It was loads of fun for almost an hour. Thanks.