• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

I think Jane may have gotten the worst of it, you know, no super powers to ease the pain. She's a Coppertone gal NOW ….  :flamed:

Lol

11 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I think Jane may have gotten the worst of it, you know, no super powers to ease the pain. She's a Coppertone gal NOW ….  :flamed:

Isn't she freaking THOR now? Or has that mercifully passed?

On 6/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, RayJr said:

I have a question for the group. Has Mjolnir ever been used against Thor? If so, where can I find the picture at of it? Thank you for your time.

836562553_JIM112.thumb.jpg.87876be594193dd1e7ea5a8d6349b34c.jpg

I have always felt that in JIM 112 when he fights the Hulk, is the only time that the Mjolnir is tripped of it's power by Odin- in an effort to even the battle as requested by Thor.

He does hit him with it but it has no real effect beyond some basic hammer during the battle. The Hulk gets excited when he can finally even pick it up.

It is a weird issue but an awesome fight-- and their first time fighting. But that feels like the only time-- short of Beta Ray Bill becoming worthy-- that something like this happens.

And you know the entire background of the Mjolnir is sort of fluid in the early years in terms of what is canon or not. I mean-- he used to have to strike the cane on the ground to turn into Thor and could not have it out of his grasp for a certain amount of time without reverting to Dr. Blake. At the time-- it was a bit confusing to young me as the rules seemed ever in flux.

Edited by 01TheDude

ugh --- I was going through my Thor collection, scanning in images of them. Suddenly I realized that I am missing my copy of 177 from where it is supposed to be. This book is one of my old school (from when I was collecting in the 1970s) portion. So I don't think it is somewhere else and i am at a loss to figure out where it could have gone. Hoping it might be in one of the other short boxes just misplaced.

wish me luck. Not sure I want to start searching just yet.

39 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

ugh --- I was going through my Thor collection, scanning in images of them. Suddenly I realized that I am missing my copy of 177 from where it is supposed to be. This book is one of my old school (from when I was collecting in the 1970s) portion. So I don't think it is somewhere else and i am at a loss to figure out where it could have gone. Hoping it might be in one of the other short boxes just misplaced.

wish me luck. Not sure I want to start searching just yet.

Hope you find it brother 

just went through my third box of Thor (206-283) after finishing scanning box 2 (127-205) - bubkis - still awol. Which in my limited collection is a little alarming.

I cannot fathom how I misplaced this book since I haven't done much moving of this book in 30 years. Must have been during the rebag/board process. It'll show up. I hope lol

That issue stands out as the one that ends the continuous run of Kirby cover and interior art that began in Journey Into Mystery #97.  Good luck finding it - at least you know it's in a box somewhere.

16 hours ago, namisgr said:

That issue stands out as the one that ends the continuous run of Kirby cover and interior art that began in Journey Into Mystery #97.  Good luck finding it - at least you know it's in a box somewhere.

more annoying than that is I gave it a grade of 8.0

maybe that is tonight's project.

11 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

more annoying than that is I gave it a grade of 8.0

maybe that is tonight's project.

Did you say that out loud?  Maybe it heard you and decided to run away to Sarasota to get graded.

(All kidding aside, I really hope you find it.)

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

I had the same thing happen to me. Misplaced my Strange Tales 115 after my move. After looking everywhere, my wife felt so bad for me she actually let me replace it!

Half a year later, it turned up in my Fantastic Four box. My best guess is that it got mixed in with a small stack of FFs I was playing with.

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I had the same thing happen to me. Misplaced my Strange Tales 115 after my move. After looking everywhere, my wife felt so bad for me she actually let me replace it!

Half a year later, it turned up in my Fantastic Four box. My best guess is that it got mixed in with a small stack of FFs I was playing with.

That is my hope/thought -- and best guess would be the rebag/grade evaluation step I completed while putting information into CBR (ComicBookRealm). I have not looked through my 284-last box yet. It must be around here somewhere lol

ps -- I would be ecstatic if I happened to find a ST 115 - always wanted one, never won one. Now they are just too much $$$

Edited by 01TheDude

I'm not gonna lie, every single time there is any group shot of Marvel characters -- on a big cross-over comic book cover, on a movie poster, whatever -- I am *always* looking to see if they included Thor and if they did a good job depicting him.  Far and away my favorite character.