• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cross-Promotion Connections on eBay?

5 posts in this topic

As I re-enter the world of eBay once again, I keep coming across things that didn't exist back in 2004...

Anybody using this "Cross-Promotion Connections" thing?

Seems like it's basically a deal where Darth can promote Donut's auctions and Donut promotes Darth's auctions and they both can sit back in a price-variant-fueled stupor giggling away at these foolish people paying so much for funnybooks.

Worthwhile??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I set it up, because I think any extra exposure for my items is a good thing. But you don't choose whose items you're "connected" with, it's a random eBay thing from what I understand.

If someone bids on or buys a similar item to what you're selling, the system gives them your item and others like it as options.

Hope this helps!

No, that's the regular cross-promotions...

The regular cross-promotions puts everyone in a pool and shows similar items to each other. You either opt in or opt out.

This is their Cross-Promotion Connections, which actually links two sellers together... It would be like every one of Deathlok's posts saying "check out this recent post from FFB" and every one of FFB's posts saying "check out this recent post from Deathlok"...

confused-smiley-013.gif

No, that's the regular cross-promotions...

The regular cross-promotions puts everyone in a pool and shows similar items to each other. You either opt in or opt out.

This is their Cross-Promotion Connections, which actually links two sellers together... It would be like every one of Deathlok's posts saying "check out this recent post from FFB" and every one of FFB's posts saying "check out this recent post from Deathlok"...

confused-smiley-013.gif

I am cross connected with a few other sellers but I have no idea if it affects my sales or not. confused-smiley-013.gif