• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE PQ IS WHITE....WHAT'S THE QP?

142 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Funny huh? tongue.gif

Just because your books are 10.0's, doesn't mean you can make fun of mine. mad.gif

Does it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I only laugh when you called mine 9.9s before. They are 10s. tongue.gif

That Werewolf by Night is stunning. Is that book "raw" or graded? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
It was scanned raw but CGC graded 9.8. Sold it in SD for $1,700! 893applaud-thumb.gif Pretty good for a $20 plus slabbing cost investment! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That Werewolf by Night is stunning. Is that book "raw" or graded? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
It was scanned raw but CGC graded 9.8. Sold it in SD for $1,700! 893applaud-thumb.gif Pretty good for a $20 plus slabbing cost investment! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice work. 893offtopic1.gif What do you have in ASM's between 119 and 149?

Nope...Spideys were too expensive to collect plus I didn't like the guy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope...Spideys were too expensive to collect plus I didn't like the guy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Got any Marvel books I might be interested in? QP 10.0's only please.... smirk.gif

Hater! 893whatthe.gif

FF were my preference. Used to have 39-150! Why pay 15-20 an issue for 20 cent cover price copies in the early 90s when you can buy other books and in bigger quantity! You are blinded by the stupid webhead! insane.gif

A while back, I asked the forum to "TEST YOUR GRADING SKILLS" on a few PPSS 27's, and everyone did really well.

This time around, I'd like to see if we can come to any kind of agreement about the impact "production defects" should have on a books grade. At the time of writing this....there are only 3 "defects" that should be considered:

• MISWRAPS
  • CENTERING/MISCUT
  • MISPLACED STAPLES

We can add to this list of "defects" as we go along....

Other defect suggestions (that I have seen):

1) Flattened wrinkles/creases

2) Multiple covers

3) Missing staples

4) Color saturation (or lack there of)

5) Missing ink (as in the white dots/lines/etc. from improperly inked presses)

6) Wrinkles due to improper gluing of squarebounds

7) Folded/miscut/miscolored/repeated interior pages

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

A while back, I asked the forum to "TEST YOUR GRADING SKILLS" on a few PPSS 27's, and everyone did really well.

This time around, I'd like to see if we can come to any kind of agreement about the impact "production defects" should have on a books grade. At the time of writing this....there are only 3 "defects" that should be considered:

• MISWRAPS
  • CENTERING/MISCUT
  • MISPLACED STAPLES

We can add to this list of "defects" as we go along....

Other defect suggestions (that I have seen):

1) Flattened wrinkles/creases

2) Multiple covers

3) Missing staples

4) Color saturation (or lack there of)

5) Missing ink (as in the white dots/lines/etc. from improperly inked presses)

6) Wrinkles due to improper gluing of squarebounds

7) Folded/miscut/miscolored/repeated interior pages

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Thanks for your input. Can you post scans of some of these production defects?

By the way, IMO "double-covers" should not be deducted for..... confused-smiley-013.gif

ASM 129..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ..Arty, you wanna grade it?

Cover is poorly centered vertically, but that miswrap on spine overrides that , since it's a far worse defect.

Hmm...It's a bit hard to estimate that miswrap because that picture is oversized. Looks to be about 5mm, so it's 5x0.2= QP grade 9.0 flamed.gif

Btw your QP grading was dead accurate on ASM 64&121. I'll promote you from pre-grader to a Senior Grader! 893applaud-thumb.gif

ASM 129..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ..Arty, you wanna grade it?

Cover is poorly centered vertically, but that miswrap on spine overrides that , since it's a far worse defect.

Hmm...It's a bit hard to estimate that miswrap because that picture is oversized. Looks to be about 5mm, so it's 5x0.2= QP grade 9.0 flamed.gif

Btw your QP grading was dead accurate on ASM 64&121. I'll promote you from pre-grader to a Senior Grader! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Arty

Glad you could drop by to lend a hand..... grin.gif