• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this precode

13 posts in this topic

I unlsabbed it from a 5.5 F- holder a couple of days ago. The 3/4" spine split, combined with the 1/2 back cover tear shocked me. I paid well over guide for the book. Had I seen it as it really was, I would have reduced my buying price by at least $100.

i would have said VG+, not sure what that equates to numerically. You have a book with great eye appeal, but a structural flaw. When the book has a classic cover like that i would prefer the 3/4 split to a crease across the cover as long as the paper wasn't brittle & the tear kept getting worse. Its a tough book to find, & a pretty copy. I see your point, but i wouldn't be too upset. OK, i just looked ath the CGC site for their number equivilants, and am shocked they let that go at Fine- with the split. Wow!

No - on ebay. I posted about it a long time back. I accidentally eneterd more than I wanted in my max but general input and my own inclinations was to let it ride cause a F- CGC's resto checked MM 13 was a nice find. I STILL like the book but am truly astonished that two tears (3/4" spine split and 1/2" back cover tear off the bottom of the spine split) for through as anything more than a straight VG at best. frown.gif

That is an oversight I would not be pleased with. How much did you pay? gossip.gif

It was 223.50 plus shipping. We all have condition issues with certain things. I like date stamps and they don;t bother me at all on my pre-code and GA books. I like nice page quality and will accept nice PQ with a lesser cover over a really nice cover with lesser PQ. But spine splits are something I really dislike, as well as tears of any length (meaning over 1/8-3/16 inch.) I also strongly dislike rusted staples and non-distribution related writing on the cover.