• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

The Pep is peppy, the Zip is zippy and the Top-Notch is first rate! :applause:

On 6/20/2017 at 8:21 PM, sacentaur said:

I had this pegged as one of the higher grade raw books in my collection, but CGC disagreed because of "finger bends" (huh?). 

One of my favorite MLJ's! :luhv:

e89a347d-559f-4044-99e5-c1a762fbe862_zps

Eye-popping colors on this one.  The white in "Comics" could hardly have been much whiter on the day it was printed.

In an effort to distract myself from all the high grade MLJ beauties that have been posted lately, and while I wait for my 9.0 Church Zip 21 to arrive in the mail, I decided to grab this beauty from Ted at superworld today. He's calling it a 6.5 with white pages. We'll see how it looks in person. Should go nicely with my Crippen 6.0.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

9 minutes ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

In an effort to distract myself from all the high grade MLJ beauties that have been posted lately, and while I wait for my 9.0 Church Zip 21 to arrive in the mail, I decided to grab this beauty from Ted at superworld today. He's calling it a 6.5 with white pages. We'll see how it looks in person. Should go nicely with my Crippen 6.0.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg)

Congrats! Beautiful Top-Notch! :applause: (and can't wait to see the Church Zip )

38 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Been a long week... but this should put some Pep back in my step.  :whee:

20sak4g.jpg

Love this cover. One of the first 3 Peps I ever purchased! (others were 23 and 24 ... sure wish the dealer had a 22 as well back then, would have been cheap). Congrats!

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

16 hours ago, Point Five said:

Thanks guys! Fun issue, just one month before Archie's debut. I like to think it's the Detective #26 of Peps.  :D

If only Archie hadn't ruined that series! :)

18 hours ago, Point Five said:

Thanks guys! Fun issue, just one month before Archie's debut. I like to think it's the Detective #26 of Peps.  :D

Are there any ads or announcements for the next issue featuring Archie?

Edited by Larryw7

1 hour ago, kinzebac said:

20170624_094008_zpsejilga26.jpg

It's amazing what you can find at your local comic shop. I just picked this up and was really excited to get it.

I would be, too.  Pretty tough issue.

20 hours ago, Point Five said:

Funny, I always think of Detective 26 as the Pep 21 of Detectives.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I would be, too.  Pretty tough issue.

It is hard to find these early Pep issues online these days. So when I saw it on the wall at the shop I did a double take.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
22 hours ago, Point Five said:

Funny, I always think of Detective 26 as the Pep 21 of Detectives.

I don't think the word "funny" means what you think it means. :baiting: