I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
29 29

7,743 posts in this topic

2,647 posts
3 hours ago, Supernerd said:

Absolutely love it! May we get s'more Frank R Paul awesomeness posted in this thread? :cloud9:

Here's a couple I have handy, skipping the August 1928 since @Ricksneatstuff already showed it... and it's possibly the single scan I've shared on these boards the most times.  I still can't quite believe I own a copy.

Amazing_Stories_1927_September.jpg

Amazing_Stories_1929_March.jpg

4,359 posts

Frank R. Paul covers

Science Wonder Stories, 8 of the 12 issues from Jun 1929 to May 1930.  I have two more, but not scanned.

CgeIzs1l.jpgnyPIGhZl.jpg

cZNJ1Cql.jpgj894fIyl.jpg

3ADlhsbl.jpgMjXAPVHl.jpg

0jkL3gCl.jpgYqxViNZl.jpg

2,647 posts
1 hour ago, This is Who We Are said:

Hi All,

Hi All, I found this copy in my travels at a local antique bookstore Weird Tales Feb, 1928. Trying to debate whether to pick it up (it's right under a thousand).  Condition is pretty beat up as you can see but maybe you all have seen worse :).  Appreciate your insights

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail3.jpg

thumbnail4.jpg

thumbnail5.jpg

How’s the paper?  If it’s brittle at all I wouldn’t get it... but if it’s supple despite the yellowing I think I would tell myself I could blow my ECCC budget on that instead of the show 

110 posts
Just now, OtherEric said:

How’s the paper?  If it’s brittle at all I wouldn’t get it... but if it’s supple despite the yellowing I think I would tell myself I could blow my ECCC budget on that instead of the show 

The paper is supple!  Thanks for your helpful feedback!  These just don't come up