• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you use to track your comics?

77 posts in this topic

I track everything using www.comicspriceguide.com --- the values listed there are for reference only, but in many cases they are a good indication. Here are some screen-shots of some of the different lists/reports/galleries the site includes:

summary.png

top-list.png

title-gallery.png

title-detail.png

issue-detail.png

Finally, I wanted a one-page, graphic checklist I could take to stores and shows as an easy reference of issues needed. I created a really simple spreadsheet for that (below). My next step is to color-code for grade (maybe red for high-grade, orage for mid, yellow for low --- and green to indicate an issue I really need to upgrade). Here is how that looks:

checklist.png

Looks like a job instead of a hobby. :baiting:

Some of you guys are way to anal. Just buy and put away, then be surprised of what you have later down the line :shy:

Some of you guys are way to anal. Just buy and put away, then be surprised of what you have later down the line :shy:

Before I started keeping a one page paper want list, I found I kept getting duplicates and triplicates of books.

:gossip: Not all of us spend our free time replying to hundreds of PMs with gremlins, you know! Got to do something to pass the time!

:makepoint:

Thats once a year

:gossip: Not all of us spend our free time replying to hundreds of PMs with gremlins, you know! Got to do something to pass the time!

:makepoint:

Thats once a year

:signfunny:

:applause:

I still use a database...my husband made me convert it to a spreadsheet, cause he speaks the same language as JMG... doh!

In my heart, I'm with Nik, a good portion of my books are in boxes, waiting to be filed...and there is this section of floor space...;)

I did not know that was a bad thing (shrug)

I have limited space for my collection and have lots of books left to acquire...

I created my own database. I keep track of everything... lol

I have my own forms, reports, queries, etc ...it's always being developed further and further... It's almost like a hobby :insane:

Main.jpg

Main2.jpg

Main3.jpg

Have you thought of marketing it? I'm interested.

Pen and Paper!!! Old School!!! :sumo::headbang:

(thumbs u

scan0001-3.jpg

No prize to anyone who can figure out what title this is. :headbang:

(thumbs u :headbang: That looks like my lists!!! Ummmmmm....Thor?

Well it did start out as another title before a name change like Thor but no. :grin: