• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

412 posts in this topic

I spotted this nice looking double cover book on eBay recently - I like the fact that the outer cover has a big 9d stamp on it and the inner is untouched. I suppose it would be a bit suspicious if there was a stamp on both though...

5a06ff8f61f6e_spjodouble1.thumb.jpg.55792f50d48ccaa70bbcb22eaaf1fb41.jpg

5a06ffa39ddba_spjodouble2.thumb.jpg.7d9e80193b68b02c1b4c111029d75532.jpg

:headbang:

spjo double 1.jpg

On 11/11/2017 at 8:50 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I spotted this nice looking double cover book on eBay recently - I like the fact that the outer cover has a big 9d stamp on it and the inner is untouched. I suppose it would be a bit suspicious if there was a stamp on both though...

What's the manufacturing error? 

12 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

What's the manufacturing error? 

Double cover. I don't think I knew there was a double cover thread when I posted it. 

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Double cover. I don't think I knew there was a double cover thread when I posted it. 

And the one on the Sinister Tales is the grey of the uniforms, correct?

I'm not familiar enough with that cover.... :shy: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And the one on the Sinister Tales is the grey of the uniforms, correct?

I'm not familiar enough with that cover.... :shy: 

Yes, looks like the final black ink plate wasn't applied to the Alan Class reprint. Not sure if they're all like it, but it should look like the original Forbidden Worlds book:

Cover for Forbidden Worlds (American Comics Group, 1951 series) #142  Scan.thumb.jpg.d8821ea3a6366f1f1bd56adc8a4adeb3.jpg

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, looks like the final black ink plate wasn't applied to the Alan Class reprint. Not sure if they're all like it, but it should look like the original Forbidden Worlds book:

Cover for Forbidden Worlds (American Comics Group, 1951 series) #142  Scan.thumb.jpg.d8821ea3a6366f1f1bd56adc8a4adeb3.jpg

ah interesting, I looked on ebay or at least US-ebay, there wasn't a copy to compare that I could see :foryou: 

And A Pence Book To Boot!

8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. The top two pictures aren't showing on my screen but do if you click on them:

Those are fairly white looking cover 's Jimmy Olsen's (thumbsu did you pick it because of the pence stamp and pleasantly surprised?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
clarify.... :)

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I have a copy of that Sinister and mine is normal.

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Those are fairly white looking cover 's Jimmy Olsen's (thumbsu did you pick it because of the pence stamp and pleasantly surprised?

No, I just saw it on Ebay - didn't buy it. The price was staggering as I recall. Not there now though, so it was either sold or pulled....

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Be a long time till that's unearthed.I'll try in the next few weeks.

Hopefully it wont have melted Jim :wishluck:

36 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Well,I went digging in photobucket and voila!Thought you may get excited at the price difference!Hopefully no comics were harmed in this months heatwave.With it being an odd sized book,you'd think I'd have an easy time finding it,but...ghaaaa ...I do weird stuff.

@sin.jpg

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Well,I went digging in photobucket and voila!Thought you may get excited at the price difference!Hopefully no comics were harmed in this months heatwave.With it being an odd sized book,you'd think I'd have an easy time finding it,but...ghaaaa ...I do weird stuff.

Ha! They look good side by side. You can really see the missing black:

Scan.thumb.jpg.9ca6aa61d2b69a395417cce36c9a6b46.jpg as.jpg.e12cd8dcb8c745da9e6f9a02ef8fa851.jpg

Sinister Tales ran for 227 issues:

1785674246_alanclass2.thumb.JPG.c250bb74354e380a82141e007482140b.JPG

Yours is number 123, mine 153. Didn't take him long to use the issue again did it! Nice 8p price blob Jim