• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,583 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Scored a decent copy of this one for < 100$ which feels like a victory in today's Baker market...

approved12.jpg

A steal! What a beautiful copy for the price! One of my personal Top 3 Baker covers. Well done sir! Well done!:applause:

9 hours ago, sagii said:
10 hours ago, szavisca said:

Scored a decent copy of this one for < 100$ which feels like a victory in today's Baker market...

approved12.jpg

A steal! What a beautiful copy for the price! One of my personal Top 3 Baker covers. Well done sir! Well done!:applause:

One of my favorite Baker covers, as well, although it didn't make my top 10.  With Baker, not making the top 10 can still mean I really like it!

5 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:
On 5/29/2017 at 10:26 PM, Dr. Love said:

TeenAgeRomances07f_zpsn9tgnwjx.jpg

Is this a film actress??

Kind of resembles Virginia Mayo, but it's actually an unknown (to me, at any rate) model.

8 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Wow! Was this on ebay?

Yes, but it was stuck in a lot. It wasn't in the title, wasn't really pictured, and wasn't graded. There were actually two Baker books in the bunch and the other arrived with four pages torn out. 

It was a gamble, but at that price I figured I could at least get my money back as long as one of the two Bakers wasn't a total wreck. The other Baker is worthless, but 1 out of 2 isn't bad!

Edited by october

45 minutes ago, october said:

53 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Wow! Was this on ebay?

Yes, but it was stuck in a lot. It wasn't in the title, wasn't really pictured, and wasn't graded. There were actually two Baker books in the bunch and the other arrived with four pages torn out. 

It was a gamble, but at that price I figured I could at least get my money back as long as one of the two Bakers wasn't a total wreck. The other Baker is worthless, but 1 out of 2 isn't bad!

That's what I love about eBay; the unusual opportunities, and the risks that sometimes pay off big time.  

Well done!  I didn't even catch this one, myself.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, october said:

Sometimes luck shines on us. Stuck unnoticed in an otherwise unremarkable golden age lot. $375 and a few days later...:cloud9:

001 (34).jpg

Whoa!  Major coup. Nice to see one more nice copy around. 

Main Baker thread on Page 2?  I think not!

Got this one graded.  I admit that the more selective and discriminating collectors among us might object to some of the trifling flaws in this copy, but for me, given its scarcity, it's still :cloud9:

2017-10-16-0001_zpskapff2bg.jpg

On 10/14/2017 at 11:43 AM, october said:

I saw that lot and threw up a lower offer a few minutes before yours. First time I'd seen an auction with a best offer option. Your gamble paid off, as with part of the cover obscured, and a description limited to all books fair to fine,  one didn't know exactly what one was getting, as the 2nd Baker book would indicate.  Sucks that one had four pages missing, but at least it wasn't the CL 25. (thumbsu

And as long as they are complete, the rest of the lot had some cost defraying value as well, and even a Baker cover with pages missing isn't completely worthless. Well Done!

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Striking cover ... but is it Baker? 

Yes, like CGC and GCD I do think it is. I’m a lot more comfortable with it than others I think are a long shot being called Bakers today.

I also think it’s become worthy of a “classic cover” designation too.

Either way I didn’t post it for debate but for the enjoyment of the art regardless of where you might feel it belongs.

peace, 

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

Yes, like CGC and GCD I do think it is. I’m a lot more comfortable with it than others I think are a long shot being called Bakers today.

I also think it’s become worthy of a “classic cover” designation too.

Either way I didn’t post it for debate but for the enjoyment of the art regardless of where you might feel it belongs.

peace, 

I guess if you post it in the Baker thread, you have to expect some debate as to whether it's Baker, no?