• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,359 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Teen-Age Temptations 2 went strong again tonight.  I would like a copy of that one. Never go quite high enough. 

Did get one I wanted though. 

IMG_4292.PNG

I was an underbidder on this one (and on TAT 2 as well).  Nice pickup.

Here's a group pic I took of my fledgling Baker collection. If I'm entirely honest, I picked up some of these intending to resell them, and then just fell in love with them once I actually received them. Such neat books!
Not aiming to be a Baker completist, but will certainly pick up a few here and there as time and budget allow.

2n1s4f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Here's a group pic I took of my fledgling Baker collection. If I'm entirely honest, I picked up some of these intending to resell them, and then just fell in love with them once I actually received them. Such neat books!
Not aiming to be a Baker completist, but will certainly pick up a few here and there as time and budget allow.

2n1s4f8.jpg

Another collector gets the Baker bug! As always, you have a great 'eye' Jon (I love 'em all). :applause:

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

2n1s4f8.jpg

If you starting on Baker, that's a great group to begin with.  Not a weak cover in the lot! 

7 hours ago, Point Five said:

2n1s4f8.jpg

Nice group shot!  WR8 is one of my earliest Bakers.  ...and you've got a signed copy of TLP11?!!  ;) Awesome.

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

Here's something from MotorCity. Sorry for the sideways pic.

wartime romances 18.jpg

Sweet pickup, Ron.  Harder to find last issue, a nice composition with handsome man (vs brutus), a redhead with long legs, and back to a full panel for the last four issues. 

When I turn my head to the side it presents very nicely!

9 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Sweet pickup, Ron.  Harder to find last issue, a nice composition with handsome man (vs brutus), a redhead with long legs, and back to a full panel for the last four issues. 

When I turn my head to the side it presents very nicely!

Thanks Andy. Hope you don't get a crick in your neck. I got this from High Grade who had some tasty Bakers. This book sold on Ha.com 4 years ago for $93.00. i was an under bidder but already had a copy. Now I pay through the nostrils. But it does look better than the grade.

7 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Thanks Andy. Hope you don't get a crick in your neck. I got this from High Grade who had some tasty Bakers. This book sold on Ha.com 4 years ago for $93.00. i was an under bidder but already had a copy. Now I pay through the nostrils. But it does look better than the grade.

Looks like it's still up on his site.

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I submitted these two to CGC, and feel they came back right on the money. (thumbsu

087038ef-7559-4113-89e4-4d9e9cac2829_zps

Suh'weet!

22 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I submitted these two to CGC, and feel they came back right on the money. (thumbsu

087038ef-7559-4113-89e4-4d9e9cac2829_zps

I love that DS25 cover!  Better grade than mine.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:00 PM, comicnoir said:

Here's something from MotorCity. Sorry for the sideways pic.

wartime romances 18.jpg

I think I would have missed the boat back too, but I wouldn't take it out on Marjorie....

29 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I let go of my 7.0 recently but realized I had to get one of my old ones back. Thankfully a fellow friend boardie is putting his Berk fund together (thumbsu

Copy_of_Teen-Age_Romances_32.jpg

Nice 4.0 Rick - the raw copy I bought from you is off at CGC. :wishluck: