• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,367 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, comicnoir said:

Got this the other week off  ebay for a reasonable BIN. Think I got it just as it was listed. No mention of Baker.

secrets of true love.jpeg

Very nice.  Sounds like another eBay seller who knoweth not what he knoweth not. 

18 hours ago, Yorick said:
On 6/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, comicnoir said:

Got this the other week off  ebay for a reasonable BIN. Think I got it just as it was listed. No mention of Baker.

Nice centering and great color.  Lucky you!  I didn't see it, so you must have gotten it very quickly.

Like my copy and most others I've seen, it has a St John miscut. Does have great colors.  I don't know if I've ever seen a high-grade copy of this one.  Very tough in any grade.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, comicnoir said:

It is a nice cover but not as dramatic as Wartime Romance 17.

28122967417_f836d4e087_b.jpg

Some times this hobby breaks your heart. I've been searching for 2+ years now for a complete copy of Teen-Age Temptations 8, with absolutely no luck. Not a sniff of a lead anywhere, until last week. A copy pops up on Ebay, I win the auction. Book arrives today with a terrible, undisclosed trim along the right-edge and bottom :sorry:. Absolutely gutted, and the search resumes.

Just now, Diamonddave said:

Some times this hobby breaks your heart. I've been searching for 2+ years now for a complete copy of Teen-Age Temptations 8, with absolutely no luck. Not a sniff of a lead anywhere, until last week. A copy pops up on Ebay, I win the auction. Book arrives today with a terrible, undisclosed trim along the right-edge and bottom :sorry:. Absolutely gutted, and the search resumes.

Only 2 years?  B|

50 minutes ago, Diamonddave said:

Ugh, sorry to hear. This is the one the seller called a 2.5 that finished at $810, correct? It looked really nice. :(

53 minutes ago, Diamonddave said:

Are you sure it wasn't a production defect? St. John is notorious for that.