• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

I believe most airlines have a 330 or 331 day policy. You can always call the hotel and see what they have as a reservation timeline.

where did you stay at and how was it (as far as comfort/pricey)?

hm

Courtyard by Mariott. Was a nice room. Timmy and I only went to the room to sleep. Some of the other forumites rented a suite and hung out till all hours of the night.

Next year i might try and stay closer, but I'll see. I'd rather stay where everyone else is.

Dinner at Venus is a MUST next year. Holy *spoon* was it good. In retrospect I will fly out earlier in the day next year. The late flight this time around almost killed me.

nik and I have decided that the Hyatt is best for next year. Screw the shuttle

Sounds good to me.

I believe most airlines have a 330 or 331 day policy. You can always call the hotel and see what they have as a reservation timeline.

hm

Courtyard by Mariott. Was a nice room. Timmy and I only went to the room to sleep. Some of the other forumites rented a suite and hung out till all hours of the night.

Next year i might try and stay closer, but I'll see. I'd rather stay where everyone else is.

Dinner at Venus is a MUST next year. Holy *spoon* was it good. In retrospect I will fly out earlier in the day next year. The late flight this time around almost killed me.

Sounds good to me.

Tritto

hm

Sounds good to me.

Tritto

Next year the New York contingent needs to hang out together a little more than we did.

that was a life saver for me. All I had to do was walk across the road any time I needed my hotel room.

(thumbs u

Oh yeah...if all is well I'm going to hit Chicago '09 like the fist of an angry god. Can't wait to do it again!

let me know if you def going wally. Ill tag along with you since were close.

would you be in for a roadtrip?

Dudeman5000 (Chris) and I were talking about one over lunch at the the Heroes Con

for the next Chicago.

It's 14 hours from my house in Durham.

LMK because I have room for three total.

hm

hell yes id be down.

hm

Count me in. Adjoining rooms would be nice as long as you guys don't snore. Sorry Joey.

Per greggy, the layout of our room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Des Plaines was better than at the Courtyard Marriott right next door. But I will try to stay at the Hyatt also in August, 2009 a mere one week after Int'l Comic-con: San Diego.

The Venus Greek restaurant was informal and well-lit leading to more jovial conversation and shooters for everyone! ^^

Dudeman5000 (Chris) and I were talking about one over lunch at the the Heroes Con

for the next Chicago.

hm

hell yes id be down.

we'll talk more about this when we get closer.

I just hope gas isn't $10 a gallon by next year.

:P

for the next Chicago.

hm

hell yes id be down.

Even if it is, it would be worth it.

for the next Chicago.

hm

hell yes id be down.

mos def. just make sure i get first dibs on that extra seat.

Hi guys, never been to a comic con but perhaps Chicago would be a great first exposure. Sounds like it is far enough away from California to avoid some of the film media and yet central enough to attract lots of dealers and hard core collectors. Not to mention board members, oops mentioned them. Time to extol the virtues of the city of Chicago in August to my wife.

If I come I'm bringing lots of Spawn to put on display. (: