• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say, your trimmed 9.0 copy is a thing of beauty. Absolutely stunning.

Thank you, I'm glad that there were at least 31 out there 9.0 or better, besides the unrestored books.

And as Jacso I think replied: We are not likely to see more +9.0 plods surfacing in the near future. Where should they come from? Any body holding a universal 5.0-8.0 copy will most likely under the current plod-condition decide "not" to work on these books, - i.e. mess them up. To abstain from defacing a blue label ia a no brainer.

Seems like a logical conclusion. Why mess with mid- to high-ish grade raw copies since they hold great value.

I do wonder how many unsubmitted copies there are out there which have had missed restoration. I'm talking about copies picked up 10 to 15 years ago and stored away. A trimmed 5.0 to 6.0 might be worth restoring up? Not sure if it will hit 9.0 though.

Oh, some years ago, I recall seeing threads where someone was selling a reproduction AF15 cover?

Anyone know who I should speak to? My battered up AF15 (signed by Stan Lee at SDCC in 1996!) needs a cover!

Get hold of a board member Fedoraman,great repro covers.

Oh, some years ago, I recall seeing threads where someone was selling a reproduction AF15 cover?

Anyone know who I should speak to? My battered up AF15 (signed by Stan Lee at SDCC in 1996!) needs a cover!

Get hold of a board member Fedoraman,great repro covers.

(thumbs u

Thanks! That name rings a bell!

Well, I've just joined the club officially (the coverless copy doesn't full count I guess).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200533147436&autorefresh=true#shId

I want to save the pics but don't have the right programs at the work PC. :-( So please click the links for pics.

The copy is low-grade 3.5. OW pages (yay!), small amount of MC (half yay) and what looks like stains on the LBC (boo!).

Overall, happy as it's under 12-mth GPA (thanks goes to MacMan who suggested I pony up $10 to potentially save hundreds of $$$) and I note that the book original sold for $5500 in 2008. The owner lost some money. Opps. Hope it doesn't go that way with me.

Just wanted to share my joy. I started half-seriously looking in 2008. It was when things started going crazy. Back then, I passed on several 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 books that were 20% about THEN GPA. Ugh. So I sat back and thought the bubble would burst. Fast forward 2 years and one GFC and it looks like the market is still as strong as ever! So I decided to bite the bullet. Upped the budget, put in a snipe on ebay and the rest is history.

Chromium aka Allan and Peter Loves Gwen both gave me some advice and their personal thoughts that shaped some of my buying decisions. Thanks to you both.

The bug has bit and I am of course, still considering a second copy. Maybe a high-grade PLOD or a 5.5 or gasp, 6.0. Maybe a Stan Lee SS...if Desertwind ever gets back to me (sent a PM).

Thanks for listening. Let's keep this thread going!

Well, I've just joined the club officially (the coverless copy doesn't full count I guess).

The bug has bit and I am of course, still considering a second copy. Maybe a high-grade PLOD or a 5.5 or gasp, 6.0. Maybe a Stan Lee SS...if Desertwind ever gets back to me (sent a PM).

I suggest you collect AF15s, as many as you can (thumbs u

The copy is low-grade 3.5. OW pages (yay!), small amount of MC (half yay) and what looks like stains on the LBC (boo!).

That is a nice copy, congrats! I would've bought that copy as well, if I didn't already have my ticket (and while a second copy sounds nice, I don't think it is in the budget).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200533147436&autorefresh=true#shId

I want to save the pics but don't have the right programs at the work PC. :-( So please click the links for pics.

Overall, happy as it's under 12-mth GPA (thanks goes to MacMan who suggested I pony up $10 to potentially save hundreds of $$$) and I note that the book original sold for $5500 in 2008. The owner lost some money. Opps. Hope it doesn't go that way with me.

Just wanted to share my joy. I started half-seriously looking in 2008. It was when things started going crazy. Back then, I passed on several 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 books that were 20% about THEN GPA. Ugh. So I sat back and thought the bubble would burst. Fast forward 2 years and one GFC and it looks like the market is still as strong as ever! So I decided to bite the bullet. Upped the budget, put in a snipe on ebay and the rest is history.

Chromium aka Allan and Peter Loves Gwen both gave me some advice and their personal thoughts that shaped some of my buying decisions. Thanks to you both.

Great to hear your story Shawn Low! I love to hear these background tales of how people got their grails. Best of luck on the upgrade ... (thumbs u

:applause:

Congrats Shawn! Excellent book to buy. Even looking at the 2009 average where the market corrected itself, you're still more or less right on the mark. And yeah... this book is as solid as they come. Further, the presentation is really a plus for this book as the MC is minimal and the LBC (from the scans) doesn't appear to be anywhere out of sorts for a VG- by any means.

Congrats Shawn! Excellent book to buy. Even looking at the 2009 average where the market corrected itself, you're still more or less right on the mark. And yeah... this book is as solid as they come. Further, the presentation is really a plus for this book as the MC is minimal and the LBC (from the scans) doesn't appear to be anywhere out of sorts for a VG- by any means.

Thanks mister!

I poured over GPA quite abit for that one and set a bid accordingly. Frankly, I was a little surprised I won it. Guess there are quite a AF15s on the market when I bid (Clink auction etc).

Looks like my copy just set the record LOW end of the GPA for 2010. The high was $6000 in Aug 2010!

Thanks mister!

I poured over GPA quite abit for that one and set a bid accordingly. Frankly, I was a little surprised I won it. Guess there are quite a AF15s on the market when I bid (Clink auction etc).

Looks like my copy just set the record LOW end of the GPA for 2010. The high was $6000 in Aug 2010!

Wow! I didn't realize that prices were on a steady upward climb again. I'm glad that I bought my CGC 3.5 when I did. Congrats again!!

Thanks mister!

Wow! I didn't realize that prices were on a steady upward climb again. I'm glad that I bought my CGC 3.5 when I did. Congrats again!!

I've noticed prices rebounding here and there for a while now.