• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

4 days left on this CGC 5.0 This is going to be interesting to see what this book sells for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290556539346&category=32739&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Over $8700 or under?

SOLD $8988.88, all those who bet the over can collect at any window :makepoint:

:sorry:

strong price :golfclap:

actually, a weak price IMO...any 5.0 under 10K is "weak" in my book (shrug)

I stopped bidding due to the marvel chipping (I don't buy copies with marvel chipping unless REALLY weakly priced)...

but, I have sold 3 af 5.0's all over 10K (and one at 12K)...so, this is at least 10% soft

i agree 10k or more should be the price for 5.0 nonchipped copies but chipped copies tend to sell for 10-15 percent less

i agree 10k or more should be the price for 5.0 nonchipped copies but chipped copies tend to sell for 10-15 percent less

March 2011 Metro sold a non chipped 5.5 for $13,0000, hence the Vegas line of $11700 on the chipped Clink book (that's 10% less)

Reasons for the soft price?

I think that this AF 15 was not a pretty 5.0 with the significant marvel chipping, the top edge wear, and somepeople don't like date stamps. Plus, the pictures were not large enough. I would expect the seller of a 10K book to be able to provide decent pictures in the auction ad. 2c

Reasons for the soft price?

I think that this AF 15 was not a pretty 5.0 with the significant marvel chipping, the top edge wear, and somepeople don't like date stamps. Plus, the pictures were not large enough. I would expect the seller of a 10K book to be able to provide decent pictures in the auction ad. 2c

I would add that the seller refused to accept paypal as well, mabye knocked out a few bidders, but mabye not. I would want my ebay bucks, that's all :sumo:

4 days left on this CGC 5.0 This is going to be interesting to see what this book sells for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290556539346&category=32739&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Over $8700 or under?

I stopped bidding due to the marvel chipping (I don't buy copies with marvel chipping unless REALLY weakly priced)...

but, I have sold 3 af 5.0's all over 10K (and one at 12K)...so, this is at least 10% soft

Damn is that what 5.0s are going for Rick? I bought mine so long ago,thank God!

Over $8700 or under?

agreed...I should have qualified my statement better (thumbs u

Over $8700 or under?

admittedly, all my copies were better looking than assigned grade and non chipped with ow or better pages...but, it is all relative...I would have paid 8K for this copy and expected to sell for 8500-9000 so it is about right...still "weak" for a 5.0 in the generic scheme of things, but fine for this particular copy...

Over $8700 or under?

admittedly, all my copies were better looking than assigned grade and non chipped with ow or better pages...but, it is all relative...I would have paid 8K for this copy and expected to sell for 8500-9000 so it is about right...still "weak" for a 5.0 in the generic scheme of things, but fine for this particular copy...

there were 2 bids of $8888.88 at the exact same time from 2 different bidders, thats amazing.

As of today, I am now aware of three (3) reputable sales of 5.0s selling for 12K with at least off-white pages and no chipping.

As of today, I am now aware of three (3) reputable sales of 5.0s selling for 12K with at least off-white pages and no chipping.

then I guess the 10K sales are too low :baiting:

then I guess the 10K sales are too low :baiting:

Metro/CC currently has a 5.0 listed for $13,000

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=410744