• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Yes. It was previously slabbed at a lower grade than now? You can bet It wasn't placed under a pile of books in the interim.

I think I confused you. The pressing comment I mentioned was directed to USAarmytrooper's copy. I knew that the 9.0 AF 15 was pressed.

Sorry. Didn't get that!

Yes. It was previously slabbed at a lower grade than now? You can bet It wasn't placed under a pile of books in the interim.

I think I confused you. The pressing comment I mentioned was directed to USAarmytrooper's copy. I knew that the 9.0 AF 15 was pressed.

Sorry. Didn't get that!

No problemo (thumbs u

If I'm gonna spend > 100k for a grail, I prefer no pressing. :makepoint:

I will agree with preferring non pressed books, but on a greater than 100K book, the chances are quite good that the book is pressed. Nature of the beast.

I understand preferring non pressed books, but how will anyone know the book is pressed? Or if it wasn't pressed? So because of those two big question marks, it wouldn't bother me if I bought a $1 book that was pressed or a $100k book that was pressed.

I will agree with preferring non pressed books, but on a greater than 100K book, the chances are quite good that the book is pressed. Nature of the beast.

I understand preferring non pressed books, but how will anyone know the book is pressed? Or if it wasn't pressed? So because of those two big question marks, it wouldn't bother me if I bought a $1 book that was pressed or a $100k book that was pressed.

Hard to tell but there are ways. :gossip:

DK, that quote was me quoting Peewee.

I just assume any book over 1K in a CGC case is pressed. I don't mind buying a pressed book. If they are unpressed, all the better. (thumbs u

DK, that quote was me quoting Peewee.

I just assume any book over 1K in a CGC case is pressed. I don't mind buying a pressed book. If they are unpressed, all the better. (thumbs u

Gotcha (thumbs u

I dont know it if it will crack 100k. The Sarley 8.0 sold for 70k (technically 83,750 with bp) on heritage. I feel this book went more than some of the other 8.0's as this book was truley special, I believe an average 8.0 would be 60-70k with 8.5's being 90,000 to 120,000 in auction depending on how nice it looks and the auction house selling it. I'm going to say this book is PUSHING 100k at 90,000 to 105,000. Ebay just doesnt bring the same money as premier auction houses do, but I'm definetly looking forward to seeing what happens :headbang:

I dont know it if it will crack 100k. The Sarley 8.0 sold for 70k (technically 83,750 with bp) on heritage. I feel this book went more than some of the other 8.0's as this book was truley special, I believe an average 8.0 would be 60-70k with 8.5's being 90,000 to 120,000 in auction depending on how nice it looks and the auction house selling it. I'm going to say this book is PUSHING 100k at 90,000 to 105,000. Ebay just doesnt bring the same money as premier auction houses do, but I'm definetly looking forward to seeing what happens :headbang:

Good analogy. :takeit:

care to explain to all of us here why the Sarley books are TRULEY special? besides the marketing words from Ha.

As far as I am concerned, the Sarley collection is no better than the Saginaw collection. Heck, most would argue the Saginaw collection has more high grade books and broader. Unless I missed something, I don't see hundreds of high grade silver ages DC or Marvel from the Sarley collection.

I predicted the book can crack $100k, and you said it will push $90k to $105k....How is that any different?

Regardless, it will fun to watch the auction.