Amazing Fantasy #15 Club
9 9

7,733 posts in this topic

Here is a better scan of my personal copy since the other one I posted before was just a picture with 2 other CGC books in the pic.

Maybe one day I will upgrade, but with the way this book has been steadily rising every year we will see if that ever happens.

608732e0-56fb-46ad-ae30-b1578fdc980a_zpsb03755f3.jpg

John! :hi:
Here is a better scan of my personal copy since the other one I posted before was just a picture with 2 other CGC books in the pic.

Maybe one day I will upgrade, but with the way this book has been steadily rising every year we will see if that ever happens.

Very nice copy, John. Don't let her go.

Very nice copy, John. Don't let her go.

Thanks and I Don't plan to.

It took me a full year to find a copy that caught my eye in the grade I could afford. Was looking at 3.0 to 3.5 that was in my price range so I am very happy with this one.

I buy 3-4 books per year for my personal collection so this year I decided to finally pull the trigger on my flagship book for my collection.

:news:

Back up the buggy on that .5 that recently sold for 3,250 via Sparkle City Comics. I'm assuming the winner didn't pay because it's back up on the block. Maybe the hammer price this time won't be so seemingly insane.

Zero bidder won this but has been relisted with 4 days to go currently at $2150.

The following seems to be the current pricing for grades .5 1 - 3

.5 = $2500

1.0 = $3500 - $4000

2.0 = $4500 - $6000

3.0 = $6500 - $7500

price range reflects defects

Also many buyers for restored copies at $1000 per point up to 7.0 with

moderate or extensive restoration.

that one is plenty nice, I wouldn't worry about upgrading it

that one is plenty nice, I wouldn't worry about upgrading it

Agreed. When you buy the book you know you want, then you're never tempted to play the upgrade game. Congrats on the pick up, she's a real beaut. (thumbs u

-J.

Thanks Don. I'm clipping at your heels in the registry. :)

I am happy to be almost done with the majority of the old issues. If I were to win the lottery I'd go after a real deal AF15, but we know how that'll work out.

Did you see the ASM 63 and 76 in recent auctions, and I think there's one in another soon too?

Edited by Peter Loves Gwen

I must have missed them. It's tough to keep on top of them all. Oh well, no rush. It's taken me over 20 years... another couple won't make a difference.

Which upcoming auction are you referring to? I'll have to take a look.