• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOOKS' Daily News !! ...Are Super-Hereos Done for ???

12 posts in this topic

Thanks bud, with these threads around I can cancel my daily newspaper and save some $$.

Maybe "Nightly" news would be best ? (shrug)...I think a lot of people may be missing it during the day ?

Or not care at all ............................ :(

Hmm... Ray Parker mentioned... Iron Fist coming this year...

...wait...

IRON FIST?

THIS YEAR?

I had no idea there was even one in the works!

Yeah , see General , ...I could have just concealed my news knowledge and bought up all the Iron Fist's ?? ...But , I'm the kinda guy to share the news wealth with my fellow boardies ...... (shrug)........................ :grin:

Re: Superman

"I'm just not sure how you sell that kind of earnestness to sophisticated audiences anymore."

How is a mostly puerile interest in violence and the dark and monstrous side of human experience sophisticated?

I can't imagine many in the audience contemplating their next Ph.D. thesis on the relationship of the Dark Knight mythos to the human experience.

I'm at the Dark Knight to be thrilled and chilled just like a little child listening to a ghost story. That's not sophistication -- at most, it's a cathartic pleasure.

I dislike commentators that use euphemisms as a sop to the reading audience. rantrant

Re: Superman

"I'm just not sure how you sell that kind of earnestness to sophisticated audiences anymore."

How is a mostly puerile interest in violence and the dark and monstrous side of human experience sophisticated?

I can't imagine many in the audience contemplating their next Ph.D. thesis on the relationship of the Dark Knight mythos to the human experience.

I'm at the Dark Knight to be thrilled and chilled just like a little child listening to a ghost story. That's not sophistication -- at most, it's a cathartic pleasure.

I dislike commentators that use euphemisms as a sop to the reading audience. rantrant

:applause:

Hmm... Ray Parker mentioned... Iron Fist coming this year...

...wait...

IRON FIST?

THIS YEAR?

I had no idea there was even one in the works!

Yeah , see General , ...I could have just concealed my news knowledge and bought up all the Iron Fist's ?? ...But , I'm the kinda guy to share the news wealth with my fellow boardies ...... (shrug)........................ :grin:

lol

I was looking for a second copy of Marvel Premiere #15 the past month anyway. I'm really enjoying his modern run and think he's an underrated character. I'm just surprised the movie news came out of nowhere, and considering the actor, I think it should be marketed. As it is, nobody in the mainstream knows it's even coming.