• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys ever bought from Tomorrows Treasures Comics?

25 posts in this topic

You guys dealt with them? How is their grading, etc?

I will be in the definite minority here, but I have bought from Richie for 20 years. I don't have any problem with him. He is a character, but he knows what he's doing, he knows where to find books, and he prices fairly. Richie used to restore books - because there was no stigma attached to it - but I don't think he does anymore.

I've had my eye on a Police comic from him.......but just don't have the $$$ now even though its a Best Offer auction. The guy has 2600+ auctions going at once!!! Thats a fantastic amount !!!

I've had my eye on a Police comic from him.......but just don't have the $$$ now even though its a Best Offer auction. The guy has 2600+ auctions going at once!!! Thats a fantastic amount !!!

He does try to disclose the work that's been done....mainly tear seals or archival tape...just ask. He will price books that go for over guide at guide if they have some work.He turns up difficult books, is easy to trade with, and has lots of stories.He likes to carry what he calls "over guide" books.I like him...he's colorful.If you don't mind a tear seal....you can get some tough books off him.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah, I would suggest you run a search for Muchin on the board for more stories about Richard.

In my experience dealing with him, do watch out for resto ... however, in Richard's defense, if there is easy to spot resto, he won't lie about its presence and he will accept return. Once you get past that, I've always found that his grade on low grade books (below Fine) is quite strict. This was a Fine from Richard for example (no issue on the back cover) -

65287.jpg.1bf995fc696c3d49723cdbc68b7713c5.jpg

owner of Tomorrows treasures. he talks a million miles per minute.

his pee is probably the main ingredient to red bull.

:roflmao:

I like Red Bull.

:(

I talked to him at length in Philly.

The boy can talk the ear off a deaf/mute but has ultra cool books and explained to me every last little minute flaw and form of *enhancment* on a book I bought from him.

Just ask and you will probably be ok.

Make sure you put aside about 45 minutes.

(thumbs u

I like Red Bull.

:(

I talked to him at length in Philly.

The boy can talk the ear off a deaf/mute but has ultra cool books and explained to me every last little minute flaw and form of *enhancment* on a book I bought from him.

Just ask and you will probably be ok.

Make sure you put aside about 45 minutes.

(thumbs u

...........and extra strength aspirin.

I agree with Donut. Richard is a character and has well-formed opinions on lots of collecting topics. They're worth talking with him about, because they often go against the herd mentality, yet are logical and well thought out. I've never had a bad purchase from him, but do be aware that his restoration isn't well done. Over the phone he's quite nice, in person he can be, *ahem* "aloof".

Rich is one of my favorite goofballs. Always has the goods, has located scarce Supermans for me when I was putting my GA run together, WILL talk your ear off, and (still) does his own restorations, and isn't afraid to use archival tape in the process.

That being said, if you ask about a book he'll give you the history chapter and verse, and is open to a little haggling (a lot of haggling if you have trade goods for him)

do a search and you'll see how some people feel about richie. :gossip:

Oh for sure, Rich isn't some folks' cuppa tea, and some even actively dislike him...intensely.

But my experiences have all been positive.

I've tried to buy from him and ask about books at conventions but he was too busy doing other stuff to pay attention to me. My inclination is to go with a dealer who has the ability to at least acknowledge a potential customer.