• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

2nd print is 100% the way to go - because it still is technically a real 1st appearance, what I mean is by the time they did a 3rd print other TMNT issues had already been published (3rd print came out in 1985, after issues #2 was published. So in my mind it isn't a true 1st appearance if they already had more issues before it.)

Echoing this, I've always considered the second print to be a sort of extension of the first print whereas the third print is a straight reprinting, and has certain changes, such as the extra blood on the cover, that makes it different from the first two printings. 

well.  I havent checked the number yet, but I am 90% sure thats my 7.5 that is at $10.5 right now on CLink.  sold it last fall on there, caught about $5700.

while I have some mild feelings of *aaaauuugh dammit* about the jump, it seems that the Universe is blessing me otherwise... my 2nd print 9.0 is currently at $1,431 (not sayin where *wink*), with 2 days left!!!!!

I wont plug the link here so as to not violate rules and stuff.  being that WOW rises and 2nd prints are of particur topic, I thought this message to be valid... yes, moderators?  ta bien?

Here's a 9.2 on sale, special price, stacked-coupon special for only one easy payment of $29,500! This book has been listed by comicmylars out of California for a while, ebay had it as "sold" last November at $13.5K. So that apparently fell through to the benefit of comicmylars, apparently. The asking price had been all over the place last year, 11.8K, then 10.5K, then 13.5K, then 14.5K, then the "sale".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-CGC-9-2-Mirage-1984-1st-Print-White-Pages-cm/353163118979?hash=item523a298983:g:LmUAAOSwkHxcAM6F

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

Here's a 9.2 on sale, special price, stacked-coupon special for only one easy payment of $29,500! This book has been listed by comicmylars out of California for a while, ebay had it as "sold" last November at $13.5K. So that apparently fell through to the benefit of comicmylars, apparently. The asking price had been all over the place last year, 11.8K, then 10.5K, then 13.5K, then 14.5K, then the "sale".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-CGC-9-2-Mirage-1984-1st-Print-White-Pages-cm/353163118979?hash=item523a298983:g:LmUAAOSwkHxcAM6F

“cm”

1 hour ago, GM8 said:

“cm”

1 hour ago, spracknetch23 said:

Any restored sales recently? Curious about the value of an apparent 8-9.0 with slight spine color touch.

I only track first print sales of 9.0 and up, so it's limited data in that dept for sure. Haven't seen a sale of one  in years so I wouldn't hazard to guess value today.