• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

Turtles are 35+ yrs old,and this price correction was long overdue in my opinion. You ain’t seen nothing yet 

This is my opinion too... 

1st prints will continue to rise but will never come back down to even today’s prices

2nd prints are going to see a big bump soon, there just aren’t enough of them in high grade.

3rd prints will settle but have a little way to go. 

2c

1 minute ago, pubmonkey said:

This is my opinion too... 

1st prints will continue to rise but will never come back down to even today’s prices

2nd prints are going to see a big bump soon, there just aren’t enough of them in high grade.

3rd prints will settle but have a little way to go. 

2c

All comic books are due for a correction. Not saying in the near term but definitely in the next 5-10yrs. Also, the stock market is on a tear thanks to endless money printing. We shut down the economy and there hasnt been any real pain felt in the streets. To say that theyll never come back down to today's prices..who is going to care about tmnt in 10-20 yrs? 

13 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

All comic books are due for a correction. Not saying in the near term but definitely in the next 5-10yrs. Also, the stock market is on a tear thanks to endless money printing. We shut down the economy and there hasnt been any real pain felt in the streets. To say that theyll never come back down to today's prices..who is going to care about tmnt in 10-20 yrs? 

Who's going to care about the turtles in 10-20yrs?? The ones who,have a first print and the ones who missed out .. Drop the mic....

12 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

Me for one, my 5 and 7 yr old kids, pretty much all their friends, society in general....

Thats all possible but what makes you think kids growing up today are going to be connected to a comic book that they never read and will want to spend a ton of money to get it? Thats the ten thousand dollar question. i think the answer is they wont. Im just a rich guy buying dumb mess. I dont think this is a good investment at this point. Anyone with brains is selling into this market.

4 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Who's going to care about the turtles in 10-20yrs?? The ones who,have a first print and the ones who missed out .. Drop the mic....

You can care about them. I will as well but people are talking about this book like its going to keep going up and up after going up 100% in a matter of months

@Kalel38 Providing comics continue to appreciate as they have in the last 20 years, your predictions may be right, but 9.8 third printings fetching 5- 10K would be wild. Please know I would love to see them rise like you. Again, these are all predictions and we could have good conversations and fun with it. I agree with you that is indeed a first appearance, but it’s not the same as the 1st printing. Up until this wild bump, the turtle’s biggest, no one was going crazy for 3rd prints or seconds for that matter. We shall see where it goes. 

1 minute ago, Charleybrown said:

Thats all possible but what makes you think kids growing up today are going to be connected to a comic book that they never read and will want to spend a ton of money to get it? Thats the ten thousand dollar question. i think the answer is they wont. Im just a rich guy buying dumb mess. I dont think this is a good investment at this point. Anyone with brains is selling into this market.

If it's not a good investment Charlie then why did u post looking for a 8.0-9.6 TMNT 1... We all know this TMNT 1 is a grail a white whale and there is a huge following to the Turtles as there is to Spider-Man.. It's like saying who's going to care about Batman in 10-20yrs that's the most absurd thing I would have to say also.. Every collector has a new one behind them and if someone is willing to spend 20-50k for a book today who is to stop someome from spending 100k no one.. Action comics 1 went over and beyond a million over 8yrs ago and who would have thought it would no one. There is no limit when it comes who and how much a collector is willing to spend its all relevant to what a person has and is willing to spend.. So yes the ones who got in early are the lucky ones...

7 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

You can care about them. I will as well but people are talking about this book like its going to keep going up and up after going up 100% in a matter of months

Look what hulk 181 did a few years ago it went crazy for months doubling in prices and now stabilised. Every book does but the thing some collectors don't realise is this TMNT 1 first print was extremely low which is like Action comics 1 of our time to,say the least. And any grade that is over 9.0 is scarce. Supply and demand is what prompted this book and will continue to do so as supply's are not enough to keep up with demand which is why the first prints are fetching incredible prices. Next best thing is the second print to 3rd..All tides lift all ships 

4 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

If it's not a good investment Charlie then why did u post looking for a 8.0-9.6 TMNT 1... We all know this TMNT 1 is a grail a white whale and there is a huge following to the Turtles as there is to Spider-Man.. It's like saying who's going to care about Batman in 10-20yrs that's the most absurd thing I would have to say also.. Every collector has a new one behind them and if someone is willing to spend 20-50k for a book today who is to stop someome from spending 100k no one.. Action comics 1 went over and beyond a million over 8yrs ago and who would have thought it would no one. There is no limit when it comes who and how much a collector is willing to spend its all relevant to what a person has and is willing to spend.. So yes the ones who got in early are the lucky ones...

Im not buying it as an investment. I have a first print now but would like another nicer copy. I came here to see if anyone was selling any copies and I see everyone saying its going to be the next AF 15 or Action Comics 1 lol. Action Comics 1 is 80yrs old. People were not collecting books back then. Look at how many high graded copies of TMNT there are? I have disposable income to drop on another copy but do i think its a sound investment? Hell No. I could do a lot of other things with 20-50k that would be 100x more financially sound than hold on to a comic for 10yrs. My AMD, Amazon, and Alibaba stock that I bought a few years ago is doing slightly better than TMNT 1! Is it an awesome collectible and an iconic piece of comic book history? hell yes!

7 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Look what hulk 181 did a few years ago it went crazy for months doubling in prices and now stabilised. Every book does but the thing some collectors don't realise is this TMNT 1 first print was extremely low which is like Action comics 1 of our time to,say the least. And any grade that is over 9.0 is scarce. Supply and demand is what prompted this book and will continue to do so as supply's are not enough to keep up with demand which is why the first prints are fetching incredible prices. Next best thing is the second print to 3rd..All tides lift all ships 

Eventually the tide comes in...the second and third print speculation is purely that. People paying a premium for 2nd and 3rd prints will be getting hosed like Marcellus in Pulp fiction, ball gag and all. Its nice to get one if you cant afford a first print but its almost like people paying thousands of dollars for opened graded video games. 

49 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

Me for one, my 5 and 7 yr old kids, pretty much all their friends, society in general....

The turtles will not be relevant in 20-30 years . The generations that grew up with them will be old and they won’t matter 

don’t ever compare tmnt with Batman , superman or Spiderman as those characters have been touching generation after generation . The turtles have not . As a matter fact nobody gave  about them in late 90s to early 2000s they virtually disappeared and they have not been strong in modern times either with new  movies and other advertising . It’s a hard book to find but very inflated markets right now I’m staying clear of this mess.

Edited by Subby1938

2 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

The turtles will not be relevant in 20-30 years . The generations that grew up with them will be old and they won’t matter 

seeing how each generation has had a version of turtles, I don't think that your math is complete...... 40 years from now this generation who has the turtles will be just as old as the followers that were 1st introduced to the TMNT....... :foryou: 

Don’t forget the turtles were spearheaded by the playmates toys , cartoons then movie which today does not exist . People want what they can’t have but these prices are make believe . I was 9 when they came out in 84 it was impossible to get issues anywhere so it wasn’t until later 80s I noticed issues in shops. Distribution was terrible in early days being in Canada you had easier time finding Marvel comics 1 than tmnt 1 .  

11 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

don’t ever compare tmnt with Batman , superman or Spiderman as those characters have been touching generation after generation . The turtles have not . As a matter fact nobody gave  about them in late 90s to early 2000s they virtually disappeared and they have not been strong in modern times either with new  movies and other advertising . It’s a hard book to find but very inflated markets right now I’m staying clear of this mess.

Thats spot on...I think I will also steer clear. Ill wait to get a 9.6 for under 30 in a few years. Especially with all of this BLM stuff going on. Eventually were gonna have to give up our comics as reparations!!

14 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I grew up with turtles . Fizzled out in 1990s -2000s with bare bones sales hell Image comics has to try breath life into them then IDW. They still are on fumes . Nowhere near hype of 1985-1990. Not even close 

And nobody is saying anything different. The fact is that TMNT, whether or not there is a series today, made the biggest impact on the comic industry than any other comic after and somewhat before. There is no other comic in the last 40 yrs that even comes close. That makes this one hot commodity and people see it as an investment which is normal. Nobody is suggesting to put all their money in this comic instead of AMD or Amazon or Pronhub, that would be naive investing. Diversification is king and adding this to one’s portfolio only adds another revenue stream when it’s time to sell. When I sell mine it will be to fund the addition of another hot tub on my future super yacht...

33 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Inflated market?? Umm I think I missed the part when I heard “inflated market” on Tmnt #1... When u have over a billion dollar industry that is promoting the Tmnt cartoons to toys to comic books and everything u can market is hardly say it’s a inflated market especially on the very first print or multiple printings.. As to say it won’t be relevant and can’t compare to Batman or Spiderman is a insult to a phenomenon that has been going on since the 80s.. As far as disappeared?? When have they disappeared?? It’s the real collectors who bought the books well before this so called inflation started happening..How’s this one grab u..in 2012 did anyone care about the Xmen1 books to FF 1 books when they were stagnant as a piece of Mold on cheese!! Hell no!!!! I was buying them for 2k for mid grades because they're were no hypes only because of pure love of the characters because no huge company like Disney owned them.. Now when the prospect of a new owner to Marvel takes over the wild ride of collectors wants to get in on the gravy train now. So to sum it up Ninja turtles was far more popular in the 80s/90s then u can imagine. Stats don’t lie...

Edited by Kalel38