TMNT #1 Club
28 28

2,220 posts in this topic

9,737 posts
16 hours ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

That was funny Bud. Thanks for laugh hope you are well (thumbsu

 

 

I'm doing good, buddy. I'm enjoying these pricing graphs. I'm not surprised that the sell through price on TMNT 1 is shooting up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,051 posts

@GM8

Any chance we can see the 9.8 to 9.0 sales on the same chart?  The various date ranges at the bottom make it hard to compare across grades. :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534 posts
1 hour ago, valiantman said:

@GM8

Any chance we can see the 9.8 to 9.0 sales on the same chart?  The various date ranges at the bottom make it hard to compare across grades. :foryou:

Ok sure. Excel doesn't like different dates for different chart lines so it lumps them together but I think I can make monthly sales work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365 posts
On 9/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, GM8 said:

I track these sales of TMNT #1 9.0 and up. These are confirmed sales on all outlets, ebay, heritage, comiclink, comic connect.  Was doing a bunch of Excel work for work and figured I'd churn out a chart or 2 or 3:

Sweet graphs!  As a data analyst myself, these posts made my day!  Nice work man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534 posts
9 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:

Sweet graphs!  As a data analyst myself, these posts made my day!  Nice work man.  

Thanks! Wasn't sure if these would interest anyone else but good to know there's other data nerds here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,969 posts

Y'know in retrospect, I wish I had kept my 3rd printing copy, because it's every bit as good . . . oh, well. :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534 posts

Ok, finally had a chance to add some data that pubmonkey sent from GPA sales of 9.6 and 9.8's:

image.png.d19e082251e8edcc638133168b83a3d7.png

 

image.png.4a4d6560c1b63fe06b42408638421c54.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534 posts

Been quiet here (I couldn't logon for a couple weeks, don't know if others had that issue) and quiet in TMNT #1 sales lately. A 9.0 just sold on ebay for ~$8,000 on 11/6. This is in line with recent sale prices of 6.7K and another 8K both in June.

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1-Mirage-Studios-1st-Printing-CGC-9-0-/123363715422?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,510 posts

Multiple copies going up on Clink tomorrow...including a nice 9.6.  The person letting this one go may or may not have decided to sell this one and buy a whole bunch of golden age books...well more like he bought a whole bunch of GA books then needed to sell this to cover the costs...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dteenage%2Bmutant%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1285065&id=1285065&itemType=0

Edited by szavisca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,023 posts
10 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Multiple copies going up on Clink tomorrow...including a nice 9.6.  The person letting this one go may or may not have decided to sell this one and buy a whole bunch of golden age books...well more like he bought a whole bunch of GA books then needed to sell this to cover the costs...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dteenage%2Bmutant%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1285065&id=1285065&itemType=0

How do I see the other ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,510 posts
534 posts

A good analysis of TMNT #1 (and other copper/modern age curiosities) over at Comic Book Invest:

 

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/12/07/the-usual-suspects-24/

 

 

Also, a couple sales of note. Both on Comic Link:

9.6 WP $17,950 (last sale $20,000)

9.0 OW/W $6.560 (last sale $8,000)

Edited by GM8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,023 posts

Thinking about picking up a low to mid grade copy of this?  Anyone happened to have a copy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,510 posts
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, GM8 said:

A good analysis of TMNT #1 (and other copper/modern age curiosities) over at Comic Book Invest:

 

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/12/07/the-usual-suspects-24/

 

 

Also, a couple sales of note. Both on Comic Link:

9.6 WP $17,950 (last sale $20,000)

9.0 OW/W $6.560 (last sale $8,000)

Technically $18,488.50 and $6,756.80 if you're keeping close track because CLink charges a 3% buyers fee.  Can't leave that off any more than you can Heritage's 20%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534 posts
7 hours ago, szavisca said:

Technically $18,488.50 and $6,756.80 if you're keeping close track because CLink charges a 3% buyers fee.  Can't leave that off any more than you can Heritage's 20%.

Ok, so all Comic Link final prices have an additional 3% fee not displayed in the total?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,510 posts
14 minutes ago, GM8 said:

Ok, so all Comic Link final prices have an additional 3% fee not displayed in the total?

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,428 posts
On 12/7/2018 at 4:08 PM, GM8 said:

A good analysis of TMNT #1 (and other copper/modern age curiosities) over at Comic Book Invest:

 

https://comicbookinvest.com/2018/12/07/the-usual-suspects-24/

 

 

Also, a couple sales of note. Both on Comic Link:

9.6 WP $17,950 (last sale $20,000)

9.0 OW/W $6.560 (last sale $8,000)

Alas, even TMNT 1 was not immune to the horrid results that generally plagued that last comiclink auction.  

-J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
28 28